By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - US Sales 5/24/08 Nintendomination!

Europe is clearly the most stable and profitable (currency and prise-wise) region..

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

Mm i dont want to sound stupid but it seems to me that ps3 and x360 numbers are only lower ever since we got that low numbers NPD report. It was like 90k 90k NPD Says it couldnt be more then 40/50k a week and suddenly we have 40/50 k a week :S

@Happysquirel

PS3 was doing 30K NOW in EU last year

this year its doing 100K+

NA it was doing 20K....now its doing 46K but was doing 60K + earlier in the year

PS3's IS Doomed!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

and fun how people called the PSP dead a year ago, but it's steady doing +150k every week, especially very good in Europe without a hit game like MH2 like the Japanese have..

''Hadouken!''

LUPPIEN

dont know the numbers seem about good to m sales have been flling at a steady pace for the hd consoles

Around the Network

Hah, just noticed Wii passed 360 in NA sales overall. Good job for the Wii. It has won in all 3 regions this week (cept PSP in Japan) but currently beats all consoles overall.

Above I'm a proud Gran Turismo fan, not a Sony fanboy, and now a proud 360 owner, but sharing xbox live accts ATM

End of 2009 Predictions (made Jan 1, 2009): My predictions were pretty accurate, the 360 was over and the Wii was just under.

Wii: 65 mil (yea I'm crazy) 360: 35 mil (its getting there) PS3: 30 mil (the slim better do well)

End of 2010 Predictions (made Jan 7, 2010):

Wii: 81 mil  360: 47 mil PS3: 45 mil

I’m getting so used to the Wii being compared to the Xbox 360 + PS3 that I hadn’t thought how invalid a comparison that is. I mean it’s not like they’re partners or beer buddies or something is it. They are each competitors and their sales should be judged on their own merits. But of course when you do that, that means the Wii out sold the PS3 6x1 and the Xbox 360 5.9x1. That even scares the hell out of me.

If Ubisoft and the other Third Party developers don’t wake up and smell that coffee then we are going to see large software developers go belly up right next to the small ones who already have. Times are going to be tough and you don’t survive by ignoring or second rating the largest and far and away fastest growing market. That’s just dumb. They are going to have to quit just writing software to dazzle and amaze each other and start worrying about writing software to sell.

I’m no economist or graduate from Harvard Business School but the public has spoken. HD graphics are not a selling point beyond their core customers and motion controls are. I’m sorry if that’s not what they wanted to hear but it’s true. Sure they should still produce the beautiful HD games like Halo or GTA, as long as they control the budget. And so long as they put some of their real talent working on the Wii and not just the interns, the janitor and the designers who have already failed.

These numbers seem more in line with what NPD was getting last month, if that trend continued.

Last months NPD, and I quote:

"Wii: Billion
DS: Billion - 1
360: 10
PS3: 9.1
PSP: lol"

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

What a nice GTA4 effect we have during the month of May ... impressive.

Time to Work !

Zucas said:
Wii is starting to turn into a PS2. Really the only market right now where it's even close on a weekly basis is Europe/other and if Wii really explodes in China and India whenever it finally releases there this could be an entirely different story. So this shouldn't be surprising to people anymore.

Hasn't the Wii already sold faster than the PS2?