Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 1UP Review --- Ninja Gaiden 2 --- **B-**

@ hunter_alien

Doesnt look that way now!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

@colonelstubbs

did it look like that to anyone ever??

Ninja Gaiden as a franchise hasn't sold much at all...I believe the highest selling game of the franchise was only 1.5 million

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I guess the question is "why is it getting good, but not great scores"? It's got a 83.1 on Gamerankings with 7 reviews.

Is it:
1) The game is not that great
2) The game does not evolve much beyond NGB/NGS
3) There are technical issues (such as the frame rate issues)
4) The reviewers suck at games, and pull a Famitsu and dock points for difficulty

Take your pick. I can understand if it's #2, but don't see how one could justify a significantly lower score.

Of course, Mario Kart Wii has around the same score, and we know how that one turned out. I guess developers are only scoring things on "OMGZ GROUND BREAKING MATERIALZ" and are leaving out any idea if the game is actually...Good.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Hell i dont know...

Id never heard of Ninja Gaiden until the guy at gamestation offered it me with my PS3. I said "no thanks" and picked Resistance and Motorstorm.

i was just answering hunter_alien

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

@colonelstubbs

thank god you said no....

I personally felt NGS was the most boring game ever!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
mrstickball said:
I guess the question is "why is it getting good, but not great scores"? It's got a 83.1 on Gamerankings with 7 reviews.

Is it:
4) The reviewers suck at games, and pull a Famitsu and dock points for difficulty

Take your pick. I can understand if it's #2, but don't see how one could justify a significantly lower score.

Of course, Mario Kart Wii has around the same score, and we know how that one turned out. I guess developers are only scoring things on "OMGZ GROUND BREAKING MATERIALZ" and are leaving out any idea if the game is actually...Good.

IGN gave it a 8.7 which is a great score. Eurogamer (which is supposed to be a harsh reviewer) gave it a 7, so that doesn't mean the game isn't great either.

I think this franchise is just not everyone's cup of tea.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I agree. I think the issue is that Ninja Gaiden is a love it or hate it kind of game...You'll either fall in love with what it brings to the table, or just not get it.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

darthdevidem01 said:

Kinda funny indeed?

1up rated NGS better than NG2

What do you think of it ??

link : http://www.1up.com/do/reviewPage?cId=3167969

______

So much for it beating MGS4 in reviews as some "fake rumors" suggested

Lot's of things are funny indeed. You know like how 1Up scored Ratchet & Clank Up Your Arsenal 100% and only scored Tools of Destruction an 85%. Damn I guess the new one must really be of highly inferior quality and couldn't possibly be anything other than that. You want to know what else is funny indeed? EGM gave the original Warhawk for PSONE a 9.12 and only gave the new Warhawk for PS3 an 8. Damn, stop playing Warhawk for PS3 and get a copy of Warhawk for PSOne everybody. It's the superior product!

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

mrstickball said:

Is it:

I believe the biggest reason why the game didn't score "great" was because of the camera issues. From what the reviews say, it seems like it's even worse than NGB/NGS and gives the already difficult enemies an unnecessary advantage. We all know how problematic camera issues could be if the enemies are already challenging and when there's platforming involved. Other than that, I'd say the level designs seems unchanged and at this point...dated. The VO and story is not much of an improvement either but one thing is clear, the combat system is improved and still aces.

The worse thing about this is that Itagaki was trashing his subordinate and NGS (which was a port) for not evolving the series, yet NG2 doesn't seem to do much evolving either.

I think everyone is so used to big games getting 9/10 or 10/10 that they forget that 83% still means it is a great game.