By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Street Fighter IV will be released in all HD consoles and PC except for Wii

http://uk.xbox360.ign.com/articles/876/876865p1.html

US, May 27, 2008 - In what could very well be the least surprising announcement since Halo 2, Capcom issued a release today stating that Street Fighter IV would indeed be coming home on Xbox 360, PS3 and PC. The game promises a return to "classic 2D Street Fighter fighting action mixed with new characters, amazing visuals, and next-generation fluid gameplay."

Returning brawlers to the roster include Ryu, Ken, Chun Li, and Guile to go along with new recruits like Crimson Viper, Abel, El Fuerte, and Rufus. The game is a mix of old school two-dimensional fighting with 3D elements like character models and "camera flourishes."

Street Fighter IV is scheduled to release on PS3, Xbox 360 and PC sometime later in 2008.

Come to think of it, first party games was the only game you owned wasnt bad after all.  

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

F-you capcom

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

"next-generation fluid gameplay"

So it's coming out on Wii 2, Xbox 720 and PS4?

Honestly, I don't care about Street Fighter, fighting games quickly lose their appeal with me. If the game turns out to be fantastic, I'll just buy it used for the 360.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

"Street Fighter IV will be released in all HD consoles and PC" should have been enough in the title. I'm not hyped by this game at all.

You know, I probably wasn't gonig to buy SF4 anyway, as like others have said fighters have long lost their appeal for me (well, minus Smash Brother and Soul Caliber, at least), but I do kinda feel cheated that t's not coming out for the Wii. What happened to all that stuff about how it was coming out for the Wii? The Japanese magazine that said SF4 for Wii, or whathaveyou? It's pretty bullshitty.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

Around the Network

That´s why I think owning 2 home consoles this gen is a must (I own a PS3 and a Wii, so I´m well covered)....a Wii and an HD console compliment each other nicely, IMO.

Am I the only one, who thinks it is a little bit strange that an anouncement for a game which comes to xbox360, ps3 and pc is placed in the nintendo-forum?

OK theres 4 publishers/developers in my list right now:

Epic
Capcom
Konami
Ubisoft

So RE4, Okami Resident Evil 0, and umbrella cronicles was just a quicky cash-ins after all :)

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

Capcom said they would CONSIDER bringing A SF4 game to the Wii, when i read that all i thought of was SF4 card trader or something, considering the amount of down grading it would need, this is hardly a surprise. If they did spend the money and time making a Wii version it would no doubt look poor next to the HD versions and get reviewed accordingly. SF4 is supposed to look like a moving comic book and if the Wii cannot do that, then it defeats the point to some extent.

If you are a streetfighter fan, or even just a traditional beat em up fan you should own a 360 or PS3 by now anyway. The Wii will never be the choice console for beat em ups.

hentai_11 said:
Am I the only one, who thinks it is a little bit strange that an anouncement for a game which comes to xbox360, ps3 and pc is placed in the nintendo-forum?
 Wii the only console SF4 never released is the article's main point atleast the topic

E3 2010- Tape runs out