By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gamepro Feature- System Sellers: The Showdown. The winner is......

So hang on, Sony is going to win this gen because of MGS4, Killzone 2, SOCOM 4, Gran Turisimo 5, Final Fantasy XIII?? Maybe they still haven't understood the point yet that they need to get some original titles out there...

Around the Network

" The other driving factor about Sony is that its developers are taking chances with new games on the PS3. Look at the amount of new franchises coming to the PS3, and that's a boon for the consumer." I guess you didn't see that part? In another post this is what I described made the PS2 so popular. In addition to the titles brought over from the PS1 new ones were created. No one knew about onimusha or devil may cry while playing thier PS1. Now people clamor for DMC4 but in actuallity I and many others Expect a new line up of franchises to catch my attention. If you look at the list of games in development many of them you will not recognize. And that make me happy as a gamer.

Games make me happy! PSN ID: Staticneuron Gamertag: Staticneuron Wii Code: Static Wii - 3055 0871 5802 1723

The biggest hindrance for Nintendo and the Wii is the lack of new franchises. It's all sequels for now
Yeah nintendo has only sequels and MGS4, Socom 4, DMC4, GT5 and FFXIII On the PS3 are new franchises and not sequels?? Come on get serious!!!

Yeah. The thing about new IPs for the Ps3 in comparison to the Wii made me chuckle. I'd like to see new original games for both, but for me, the Wii brings more promise of new and different IPs. I don't see the Ps3's life cycle being 10 years (or the Wii's or 360's) (maybe by then I'll have enough money for one [just joking, post buzzards!]), as it's quite possible that even more powerful Gpu units are in steady development. On the 360/Ps3, a huge focus is cutting-edge graphics power. Well, what if in, say, 3 years, one of the major graphical development labs makes an unprecidented breakthrough in graphics technology? What if it makes the 360/Ps3 look (comparatively) as last-gen stuff does now? "Well, the Wii is selling well, and it's not on the cutting edge of graphical capability!" says the optimistic lobbyist for the graphics/processing powered systems. (Wonder if that'll ever be said... using the Wii's success to defend the Ps3/360?) Do people really want the biggest, flashiest, pretty thing around? Or do they want a silly looking light gun and a nunchuck that do things differently? These are all points of conjecture, and we'll all have to wait around to find out which is truly number one in sales. (If it were me, I'd like a 33%/33%/33% victory for all the consoles, because I enjoy them all!)

R9 5950x - RTX 3090 - Odyssey G9

gamingdevil said: Yeah nintendo has only sequels and MGS4, Socom 4, DMC4, GT5 and FFXIII On the PS3 are new franchises and not sequels?? Come on get serious!!!
Exactly !! That's the funny thing in all this. Brain Training, Wii Sports / Play, Animal Crossing, Pikmin, Wario Ware, Nintendogs - all new ideas from Nintendo in the last few years and all major successes...