By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - anyone dissapointed with the NG2 reviews

If you move past the scores themselves, and into the content of the reviews, you'll notice most of the negatives in the reviews are really positives to people that actually play Ninja Gaiden. Things like difficult levels, and a weak story, and not many formula changes are mentioned a lot and things like that don't affect most fans and were expected. The camera issue is unfortunate, but it's said to be fixed from the first game, and that game was very playable even with the camera issues. Overall, I wouldn't bank too much on the scores themselves, because it seems most of the reviewers were expecting some cakewalk Ninja Gaiden-lite and recieved the real deal Holyfield of hack n slash, so of course they're just trying to bite it's ear off.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network
bobobologna said:
I'm not disappointed with the score. I'm disappointed that they still haven't fixed the camera. That is, by far, the biggest frustration I had with the first.

yeah,youd think theyd fix problems in sequels

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I think the game was rushed (needed2-3 more months to fix the loading time,frame rate issues and the camera issues)that's why it got lower reviews than its predecessors

but the fans of this game should enjoy it regardless of the reviews.it's a great action packed game.

^the game will be great,but it would of been much better if they fixed the camera

DMeisterJ said:
Nah, exactly what I expected.

Sales won't be that great though... no hype.

It's about what I expected as well. I'd buy it with an average of 50 on metacritic, just to be clear. I'm very excited about playing it.

Also, maybe I just don't remember, but the camera never really bothered me in NG. It's just an occasional annoyance. DMC 1 has one of the worst cameras ever and it's still possibly my favorite action game. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

a 50 on metacritic?that must mean your a big ninja gaiden fan

brute said:

Yes, that I am. For the record, also, I don't put much faith in average reviews, but instead I have a few review sites I go to and check out the text.

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

^thats the best thing to do,read the text of the review

ZenfoldorVGI said:
brute said:

Yes, that I am. For the record, also, I don't put much faith in average reviews, but instead I have a few review sites I go to and check out the text.

Yeah, people who put faith in reviews are lame. They hype games to no end, call games mediocre for getting ok/decent reviews, then the game they hype comes out and... its getting low scores so they dont like it anymore... bullshit man.

^i know what you mean man