By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Id Software Officially Working on Doom 4

I haven't picked up a flashlight for four years in protest of Doom 3. Somebody shoulda given that guy some duct tape.

What a terrible gameplay mechanic.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

I can't wait for Quake 5! Quake 4 was awesome.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

rocketpig said:
I haven't picked up a flashlight for four years in protest of Doom 3. Somebody shoulda given that guy some duct tape.

That's why I decided that the only way I would even touch the game was if I used a flashlight mod. 

Heh, you think people in the space age could at least use that century old thing called night vision =p.

rocketpig said:

The concept wasn't necessarily bad, the implementation was awful ...

If they allowed you to only use a flashlight while holding the pistol you can create tension because they're as "weak" as they were at the beginning of the game; if you only allow them to hold the flashlight you have the gamers confused as to how pathetic your super space marine really is.

Around the Network

I don't see what everyone is complaining about. The flashlight thing really wasn't that bad I made it through the game on veteran just fine. Just play the game. I thought Doom 3 was awesome.

PC Gamer

im not really interested in the doom series anymore

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Its time for ID to create some new IP's. The current ones aren't as relevant as they were 10 years ago.

wow, Doom 4 I'm so hyped , wait ... after the god awful level design of Doom3 with monsters always spawning from behind I'm less than zero hyped