By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Component cable - Worth it?

I just picked up a Wii over the weekend and my family is having a lot of fun with it.  I'm just wondering whether the component cables make any real difference.  Has anyone used component cables and noticed a difference?

Around the Network

Yes, component cables make quite a bit of difference.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Yeah if you've got a bigger TV it definitely makes the picture more clear and colorful. You can find some third party cables for less than the Nintendo brand, and they should be just as good. The thicker the cables the better usually.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Yes, Yes, Yes, go get the component cable. You will be glad that you did.

My Tag: 2 Timothy 3:1

Jesus Christ is the ONLY way to Heaven! (John14:6)

Every second 2 people die . . . What if this is your second? 

www.goodpersontest.com

One word: Yes.

-But; only if you have an HDTV! Oh, and don't forget to set the Wii's settings on 16:9 and on component-output (480p). Otherwise, it won't have any effect!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Yes, go pick one up for cheap.

Wow.  Thanks everyone for the quick responses.  I have a large hdtv so it sounds as the cables are worht it.  I'll be doing that today.

Now if I can only get my Wii Fit age to match my actual age.

It can exacerbate jaggyness, that's about the only drawback. Some of us don't care about aliasing much, but if you do you might not want them.

The other thing is that some VC games won't work properly with some TVs if the signal is being carried over composite, so component guarantees good VC functionality.

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

yes it makes a difference, but i would like to add............ getting a correct componant cable, many wont let you play VC download games the picture is messed up

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

-But; only if you have an HDTV! Oh, and don't forget to set the Wii's settings on 16:9 and on component-output (480p). Otherwise, it won't have any effect!

Well, it'll still improve the color and sharpness quite a bit.