By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dragon Quest X will go to PSP -- What do YOU think??

As we can see S-E have ditched the Playstation brand and have gone back to nintendo DRAGON QUEST wise.....but the real shock was them going portable. Some would argue the game won't sell now...but ofcourse they need get the appeal to that Pokemon audience and the jobs done.

But what about DQ X. I personally think the Dragon Quest series has gone portable for ever. Recent trends show that PSP is the system of choice in Japan (as the Playstation brand retakes its throne there).....so its only sensible to get DQ X on PSP (The userbase should be around 15 million by then + it will seem like an evolution from DQ IX in the most perfect way possible....going from Portable to Portable.

What do you think?? Or will it go to wii?? Or PS3?? Or Xbox 360?? Or the new Apple console??

DISCUSS!

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

@Soriku

well thats flawed analysis....PSP has been outselling DS way before MH even came out..

the Portable is now catching on in Japan....and DQ 10 should be here within 3 years at most

WAT!?! PSP the system of choice in Japan? 22.77 million vs. 9.46 million (according to VGC)

DQX will most likely stay with the DS, or possibly the next Nintendo portable system if it comes out. If it goes back to consoles then it will be out on the Wii as the majority of DQ sales are from Japan and the Wii is the top console(of the current generation) in Japan.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

I still think within 3 years we'll see some pretty big changes in the portable gaming market alone; gotta wait and see this one. I doubt it'll go to the PSP though.

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

DQX Will NOT go to PSP.

Most of the software released on PSP doesn't sell as well as it potentially Could sell on another platform.

Only exception is the monster hunter series... DQ9 is going to DS because it has the largest userbase (by far) and still sells great. PSP is selling better a.t.m but it's total sales are WAY behind.

DQ10 will probably go to Wii! Why? Wii has a big potential userbase for this moment in it's lifetime. Aprox 6 million after 1.5 years on the market is really sweet! Add to that that every DQ title has been released on the console that has been doing the best (with the exception of 9, being released on a handheld, due to the fact that that period was a transition from 6th to 7th gen).

DQ 9 for DS and DQ 10 for Wii would be a saver guess. However, this is only so if we rule out moneyhats. Money can do a lot of strange things to developers... So you never know for sure! .

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

Well I do bealive that we will see a DQ game in Japan for the PSP , but it wont be DQ10 . In best case we could see a side story or a port of 8 . Yes the PSP has huge momentum at this point in Japan ,. but still not big enough to have a new , main DQ game ...

Also , I dont think that it will come to the DS neither . There are 3 options : Wii , PS3 or a next gen handheld ...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

darthdevidem01 said:
@Soriku

well thats flawed analysis....PSP has been outselling DS way before MH even came out..

the Portable is now catching on in Japan....and DQ 10 should be here within 3 years at most

PSP is outselling DS because:
1) The Japanese market is saturated with DS systems
2) PSP slim came out
3) Monster hunter

What soriku said is right, we won't see DQ 10 'till 2012/2013.
PSP and DS at that moment are dead.
We don't know what the future brings for handheld gaming, maybe Sony will take over next time. Though I don't see that happening.  And I think when SE sees the 4 million + sales of DQ on DS they won't switch from Nintendo to Sony anytime soon.

Think for yourself, question authority

@smbu

I'm talking about the sales NOW...right now PSP IS the system of choice in Japan
______
@Soriku

Piracy rates aren't stopping MH to sell like hotcakes
_____
@StarcraftManiac

yeah money can make devs do really strange things...we can clearly see what its done to Namco Bandai and their JRPG's all turning up on 360.

Look at the PSP attach rate in Japan and then look at FF 7 sales on it. Now try saying that DQ X will go PSP with a straight face.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

@DD1

Sales are import. But I would think that a developer is going to look at install base as well -- and maybe even before -- current sales.

If the sales trend continue for the next 24-36 months, you may have something. If they do not, then probably not.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV