By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Gamecube games for the Wii

Yeah all European games work on Australian consoles and vice versa.
As for good games:

Zelda Wind Waker, Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Resident Evil 4, 0, and 1 (REmake), Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, Mario Kart Double Dash, Pikmin 1 & 2, Animal Crossing, Mario Tennis, the Timesplitters games, Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, 1080 Snowboarding, Beyond Good & Evil, Baten Kaitos (unfortunately, the second game, Origins, was never released in the EU), Soul Calibur 2, Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes, Rogue Squadron 2 & 3, Zelda Four Sword Adventures, Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, Starfox Assault and Harvest Moon...

All excellent games! :)

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Around the Network

Theres a way to play region lock games without modding your wii. You insert a gamecube game from your regiion start the game then quickly switch it with another. I think that is what you do. Theres a video on how to do it.

Luigi's Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Killer 7. Whatever.

Cheebee said:
Zelda Wind Waker, Zelda Twilight Princess, Metroid Prime 1 & 2, Resident Evil 4, 0, and 1 (REmake), Eternal Darkness, F-Zero GX, Mario Kart Double Dash, Pikmin 1 & 2, Animal Crossing, Mario Tennis, the Timesplitters games, Smash Bros. Melee, Super Mario Sunshine, 1080 Snowboarding, Beyond Good & Evil, Baten Kaitos (unfortunately, the second game, Origins, was never released in the EU), Soul Calibur 2, Metal Gear Solid Twin Snakes, Rogue Squadron 2 & 3, Zelda Four Sword Adventures, Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2, Starfox Assault and Harvest Moon...

All excellent games! :)

Add Tales of Symphonia to that list as well.

Only PAL regions will work for the Gamecube.

I'd reccomend:

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle, Luigies Mansion, Super Mario Sunshine, Zelda etc.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network
blue-lady said:

Hi everyone! Ive been doing some looking around for a couple of GC games but I cant find them anywhere in the shops so naturally Ive turned to Ebay. My question is are they region locked? Ive found heaps but they are all from the US and UK, bit confused with it all since Im a newbie :)

Also any suggestions of good games for the wii would be great!

there are essentially 3 regions.

PAL (Australia, New Zealand, Europe)

NTSC (North America)

NTSC-J (Japan)

as for good games, are you asking about Wii or GameCube? and before i start spouting ouf titles, what style or genre of game are you looking for? there's no use telling you of a good game if it's not of a style to your liking. may end up wasting your time and/or money.

thanks gog85 that broke it down abit for me...Im planning on playing these on my Wii, I dont have a gamecube I had just heard of some games that looked interesting which were GC games. Mostly RPG's but Im open to trying something different.
So far I have bought a copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, and looking for Tales of Symphonia.

Here I found the video

If you like RPG's I would recommend Gladius, Skies of Arcadia: Legends, Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, and Baten Kaitos. Plus any nintendo game is good.

blue-lady said:
thanks gog85 that broke it down abit for me...Im planning on playing these on my Wii, I dont have a gamecube I had just heard of some games that looked interesting which were GC games. Mostly RPG's but Im open to trying something different.
So far I have bought a copy of Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, and looking for Tales of Symphonia.

RPGs let's see

Tales of Symphonia

Skies of Arcadia Legends

Baten Kaitos Origins

Baten Kaitos Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean

Paper Mario Thousand Year Door

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

there weren't too many RPGs on the GCN. luckily at least a handful of them were respectable if not fantastic. Tales of Symphonia is a hard one to find here in Australia. at least at a nice price. the game is still worth full price but i've lost the heart to buy retro at new prices. maybe i just need a good paying job to get that motivation back.