By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - ninja gaiden 2 ign review

Shameless said:
ToastyJaguar said:
Igataki did not approve of NGS BCNR34. Its a last gen game on a new gen console.
NG2 is the new gen game for the new gen console.

87 is good, and hopefully the reviews stay positive.
With the frame rate problems apparently being fixed for the retail version, maybe some of these reviews will even be higher.

But apparantly NGS is better than NG2.

Yeah...it got 9.3, a bit higher than NG2...i really was not expecting that, i thought NG2 would surpass it by a mile..

Around the Network

Disappointed, especially when you consider the 9.3 for Sigma and 9.4 for NG and NGB.

BCNR34 said:
http://ps3.ign.com/objects/856/856529.html

lulz

That's a game I played on the original Xbox about 4 years ago. Who cares if it scored a 9.3 anymore? 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I am still getting this game...

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

il certainly be getting this 8.7 isnt such a bad game.

i had hoped for more as i really loved ninja gaiden sigma

hopefully another gaiden will be on ps3 but NG2 will do for me now

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Around the Network
Shameless said:
ToastyJaguar said:
Igataki did not approve of NGS BCNR34. Its a last gen game on a new gen console.
NG2 is the new gen game for the new gen console.

87 is good, and hopefully the reviews stay positive.
With the frame rate problems apparently being fixed for the retail version, maybe some of these reviews will even be higher.

But apparantly NGS is better than NG2.

Apparently, by your logic, the original Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox is better than Ninja Gaiden Sigma for the PS3, since is scored a 9.4.

http://xbox.ign.com/objects/482/482221.html

Frankly, it's like Wii fans laughing because they have Resident Evil 4 and all PS360 owners got is Resident Evil 5. It's just silly. Sigma is an old port of an amazing game. II is the next installment in the series. There really is no need to compare them, but there is also no need to brag that a port for your console scored better than the new game for the competition.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

an 8.7 is a really good score but was the camera really so bad that a port of the previous installment outscroed it..... kinda embarassing. Anywho the game is still killer and should be a blast to play if I ever get around to it.

p.s. Itagaki is a cocky self indulgent pervert , his face can be read like brail and i hear whenever he says something nice he actually kills a kitten.

Beja-Beja said:
an 8.7 is a really good score but was the camera really so bad that a port of the previous installment outscroed it..... kinda embarassing. Anywho the game is still killer and should be a blast to play if I ever get around to it.

p.s. Itagaki is a cocky self indulgent pervert , his face can be read like brail and i hear whenever he says something nice he actually kills a kitten.

Feel the love people!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Beja-Beja said:

Ah come on man. I'll be the first to admit he overhyped his game, and he definately unfairly insults a lot of people based on their game design, but there's no need to insult the man's physical appearance, lol. You don't see him saying, "DMC4 is derivitive and the person who made it must be fat," do you?

Bah, doesn't matter.

Anyway, again, the first game scored so well because it reinvented the genre. The sequel, unsurprisingly doesn't reinvent the genre, but plays off the first game to continue the action in a satisfying way. There's nothing to be embaraassed about for not reinventing a genre with every game you make, unless your Miyamoto, in which case you're so good, you should be embarassed for making non-genre defining games, because the only excuse for it is you got lazy. 

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Who knows, a lot of the reviews may need to be edited due to it not being the final build.