By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Twilight Princess outsell Ocarina of Time?

I'd like to see what will happen when the Real zelda wii come out.

Around the Network

Probably not. Next Zelda though if it releases like rumored to in late 2009 would have an awesome chance of doing so. Hell that could have launch sales comparable to Halo if that released then haha.

If Phantom Hourglass outsells TP or OoT, I will be floored. On the other hand, DS does have an insanely large install base and PH was bundled...

As for OoT, Master Quest definitely doesn't count because it wasn't actually sold. It was a Wind Waker preorder bonus. And because we have no solid VC (or iQue) numbers for OoT, they aren't applicable either. Even if they were, in terms of hard copies sold, TP combined is definitely gaining on OoT.

I do no realistically expect Zelda Wii wto be released until Fall 2009, and knowing how Nintendo likes to delay their products, Spring 2010 may be more likely. That still gives TP over a year to keep selling with taking a hit from a sequel. If the Retro Zelda rumors are true, I can see it coming late 08 or early 09. But since it's not the definitive next Zelda that everyone is waiting for, it's probably not going to have any long term impact on TP sales, and if it's as different as its claimed to be, it could potentially not affect it notably at all.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Yojimbo said:
I hope not because TP does not deserve it.

This. And it won't, OoT will always be the best selling Zelda. 

---

^

Thanks to your amazing reasoning, and all the fantastic facts you just found from some crack, I completely and fully agree!

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

Yeah, there are the VC downloads to consider for OOT, as well as that bonus disc that came with TWW, and then there was yet ANOTHER GC-version of OOT which also contained the Master Quest.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

im not sure,to bad it was being overtracked other wise it would of made it for sure,but now i dont think it can do it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Without a doubt. I expect the Wii to sell at least 100 million. Zelda TP already did close to 5 m with a 25 m userbase. All that without the game going player`s choice. Just look how much Zelda TP sales catch up near the Holidays. The Wii got at least 5 more Xmas and at a bargain price the game can easily sell another 5 million.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

yes because wiil outsell n64

I don't understand why you use both versions of the game. That makes the comparison pointless.

BTW, nice Marth man.

I am Washu-bot B, loyal servant of Final-Fan, the greatest scientific genius in the universe!