By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Need help from 360 owners/knoledgeable enthusiasts!!!

mrstickball said:
I started on a launch 360 that went from 11/22/2005 to 3/21/2007

I got my new one from MS (for free, mind you) on 4/1/2007 and it's the only one I've had since then, and works better than the launch one.

For free? Don't you have to pay for the shipping & handling fees or something like that? 

Around the Network

Not if it breaks down in the warranty period, all the companies will ship you out a box with a pre-paid label so you can ship it out to them for free, and obviously you get it back for free too.

Mine was out of warranty.

They sent me a pre-paid "coffin" for my 360. I shipped it to them, only having to pay for some tape for the box (they give you free tape too, it just wasnt enough IMO).

Upon sending the coffin out, I had a new/refurb 360 in my house, playing it, within about 5 days. My total cost was 5 cents for the tape.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

I got my tracking number... my 360 is being delivered today. Yay! I'm off to pick up a few more games. My wife and daughter studied up on Kameo and Viva last night and they are basically waiting with controllers in hand, lol. I may not see a chance at playing a game on it for weeks with school being out.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

I got mine 6 months ago and it doesnt' have the two drives that were being used in earlier models. I really haven't had a problem with scratched games, I did early on two games got scratched, but the more I think about it the more I realize it was my fault. As far as the noise from the fan goes, I seriously don't know what people are talking about. I guess it makes noise, but I play at night when it's quiet and with the volume low, and the fan doesn't bother me. I imagine most people are playing theres with noiser settings and higher volume, I don't see how a fan is bothering anybody. I would just recommend getting the warrenty just in case. Mine has run great, so I can't complain, I mean if you want it why wait? I'm sure the systems having problems are very small percentage and from what I understand MS has been pretty good lately fixing them, plus if you get a warrenty you shouldn't have a problem. The biggest reason to wait is a possible price cut. If it happens i'm thinking November, not now. Honestly I wouldn't wait, you can get some great games for cheap now.

Around the Network

Heh, I have a launch day 360 (12 hours of waiting). Still works just fine.

*knocks on wood*

Game of the year.

Now Playing: Guitar Hero III (Wii)

I have an elite, it runs as loud as my old one but it doesn't have any other issues thus far..

Note: Some games in my collection are no longer owned, but have owned.