By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which was the best Zelda game?

Windwaker!!!

It's why I'm looking forward to the DS Zelda more than I did TP.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Wind Waker, I loved the art style and the sailing
Twilight Princess, lots of freedom, darker plot, wolves win at life
Ocarina of Time, groundbreaking amazing 3D adventure

1. Majoras Mask ( good story, lot of stuff to do, and follows a very good gameplay path. I love the structure of temples too, with 2 minibosses and a final boss)
2.Twilight Princess ( good story, nice graphics, HUGE, but the last half lost the good path the 1st established)
3.Ocarina of Time ( best soundtrack by far, but it was too linear for me. 2nd half felt like dungeon jumping)
4. WindWaker ( sailing was annoying, though I loved the cartoony style, nice music too, by far the best Ganondorf)

For me it would be a tie between Majora's Mask and Ocarina of time because of the fact that they where both just amazing games when they came out and I was just happy to play Zelda. wind waker deserves to be mentioned in there to with Twilight princesess. in the end all zelda games are great.

I enjoyed Majora's Mask a little more than OoT...

First of all, I thought the characters felt more alive than in any other Zelda. They all had their own problems and they were sidequests. You had some sort of bound with the characters, which I really appreaciated.

The 3 days cycle wasn't that bad once you know the right Ocarina songs. It also added also some state of emergency unlike the other Zelda, were you can take all the time you need.

The tranformation masks were quite fun, I really liked being a Zora! (They're my fav race.) Most of the masks were useful, beside the couple's mask which I really was dissapointed in. The mask wasn't worth all the work.

The graphics and the effects were really pretty, I liked the room were you meet the Giants and the inside of the Moon. They had a surreal feel... Also the game had an overall dark/sad atmosfere which I really liked.

Finally, that's why I prefer MM over the other Zelda, even though I enjoy them all!

Around the Network
Btay said:
For me it would be a tie between Majora's Mask and Ocarina of time because of the fact that they where both just amazing games when they came out and I was just happy to play Zelda. wind waker deserves to be mentioned in there to with Twilight princesess. in the end all zelda games are great.

Very true.  I've never played a Zelda game I didn't love.  From NES to gameboy all the way up to the Wii Zelda has never let me down.

Ocarina of Time without a doubt, It was just perfect, best game ever.

@Joeykanga, you should count the votes, to see which one is the crowd favorite Zelda

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

here is my list of fav Zelda titles:

1. Link's Awakening (First one i played and just has the most unique world i thought)
2. Link to the Past
3. Legend of Zelda
4.Majora's Mask
5.Orcarina of Time
6.Wind Waker
7.Four Swords
8.Twilight Princess
9.Minish Cap
10.Adventures of Link

I can't beleive no one has even mentioned Link's Awakening yet. It by far stands out to me as the closest to perfect an adventure game can be.

I would say Zelda II, Zelda 64 was great but to easy, i beated it in a few days and was only stuck once, I explored the mill near the graveyard before I found the hookshot, i found the exit from the place where you find the the hookshot but i thought it was some kind of entrance, i just needed to solve a puzzle first :)

I really appreciated all of them, even Majora's Mask, the only one that I never managed to finish.
TP is huge, epic, great and looks incredibly amazing. I can say the same about all the other Zelda games, from wind waker to A Ling To The Past.
The point is that there's no "bad" Zelda, and I've never been disappointed by any Zelda game.

Now Loading... Please Wait!