By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - If GTA was on the Wii....

Tricky question: 

Let's suppose that for some weird odd reason, Take 2 releases a GTA for the Wii (GTA4, 5 a spin off, whatever) with online and uncensored...would it be succesful?

Personally, I do think it would sell pretty good but not as  much as the other consoles.  

What do you think?

Around the Network

Bully did quite poor compared to 360 version, but I think with the larger install base and the hype of GTA4 it could get some okay numbers.

I think it might bring some of the GTA fans over to the Wii and would sell fairly reasonably. Maybe not as good as GTAIV on PS3 and 360, but still good.

I'd sooner pay attention to reality than conjecture like this.

Sorry for being rude.

I think it would sell more then the other consoles. That belief is based on the game being developed on all consoles at the same time. If they released it now it would probably sell good but less then the other consoles maybe more then the PS 3 but that is pure speculation now.

Vaio - "Bury me at Milanello"      R.I.P AC Milan

In the 60's, people took acid to make the world weird.
Now the world is weird  and people take Prozac  to make it normal.

If laughing is the best medicine and marijuana makes you laugh

Is marijuana the best medicine?

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind."

“If any creator has not played Mario, then they’re probably not a good creator. That’s something I can say with 100 percent confidence. Mario is, for game creators, the development bible.

Around the Network

If it was hyped half as much as the PS360 versions were hyped, it would do well. If they slipped a shitty PS2-quality port under the radar with no advertising, it would not do well.

GTA IV on the Wii would sell the combined sales of PS3 and 360 for GTA IV. Instead of a total of 15 million LTD. 30 million GTA IV LTD - with 15 million on the Wii alone.

GTA would do great on the Wii and by great I don't mean the record breaking numbers we see on PS3/Xbox 360. It all comes to if T2 decide they want to put a team to do that. I doubt they will but perhaps EA would...

Personally, I don't care never to see a GTA hitting the Wii but Bully was a good thing.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Scarface and Godfather have sold decently on Wii, so I don't see why not.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
montrealsoon said:
I'd sooner pay attention to reality than conjecture like this.

Sorry for being rude.

Seriously, don't answer if you have nothing pertinent to say.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...