By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Left 4 Dead Gone Til' November *tear*

Shack: What's the current state of development on Left 4 Dead?

Doug Lombardi: So the game is pretty much playable all the way through right now. And as we've done with most of our games, we get to a point where, it's playable all the way through, there are some [minor] issues that we need to work on, and we try to add more time to the schedule to have as many people as possible play the game, to make sure that it's approachable to players of all skills. We want to make sure that all the game that we've built gets played, not just be like, "Okay, it's complete, let's ship it."

For example, Half-Life 2 was pretty much done in April of 2004, and we spent the rest of that year just looking at pacing, and looking at approachability, and making sure the easy setting was easy enough, etc. So we're in a pretty similar state right now, with it being, what, early May, and we're looking at the same time frame--November--for shipping.

So we're going to be spending a lot of time just bringing it to events like this, taking it to Quakecon and Leipzig, and just getting as many people's hands on it as possible to make sure that it's playing right and that it's fun, and that the group dynamics are showing up and are visible to people.

Shack: It's going to ship simultaneously on the Xbox 360, right?

Doug Lombardi: 360 and PC worldwide in November.

Shack: I heard you might launch it with a free weekend?

Doug Lombardi: We're kicking around a lot of ideas now and nothing's final.

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=874

Where is Obi-wan?

Around the Network

I keep on confusing Left 4 Dead and Alone in the Dark.

Haha. I knew about this already...I think there was a similar article before that either officially said November or something.

It sucks but it's to be expected.

I'm still hoping for Sept/Oct or at least a beta or...something.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Sounds like they want the November prime-time slot.

Now the 360 has 2 huge shooters this fall in GOW2 and L4D. AWesome.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

lol resistance 2, killzone 2 ;against left4dead and GoW2

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

Around the Network

I just don't get left 4 dead ,,,,Honestly from the graphics point of view it looks like a PS2/Xbox game.the gameplay is also what we have seen millions of times,,,,,well co-op zombie shooting is fun but the setting and the environment and graphics are not on par with Gears of war at alllll.

I honestly think if it has to compete with gears 2 it will get crushed.(both are co-op shooters ,,,one with excellent production value and one with last gen graphics/gameplay)

Valve are the gameplay Knights, Nintendo are kings but Valve does a great job too.

Tease.

Free Weekend? What's that mean?

It means a free weekend of Xbox Live.

And to those who say Left 4 Dead is nothing new, read the actual previews. It isn't done justice at ALL by short synopses. It most definitely NOT just '4 guys running around shooting zombies'. You're less of a hardened fighting team and more like a ragtag group of '28 Weeks Later' refugees, and it SHOWS! GODDAMMIT I WANT THIS GAME!!!!!!!!

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Strategyking92 said:
lol resistance 2, killzone 2 ;against left4dead and GoW2

November Releases: Left 4 Dead + Gears of War 2 V's Resistance 2.

KZ2 has been delayed and will appear Feb 2009.