By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The "90' cutscene in MGs4" story is false

Gamepro Kills MGS4 90 Minute Cut-scene Rumor

A Rumor was flying around the internet that MGS4 would have 90 minute cut-scenes. Well a Gamepro editor says this rumor is false.

"I've beat the game twice, and am the author of the forthcoming [GamePro] review," Shuman said. "Ninety-minute-long cinemas in MGS4 sounds like an exaggeration. Like the other MGS games, MGS4 definitely has a cinematic quality. And yes, some of the cut-scenes in the game are elaborate and occasionally lengthy. But not a one, to my recollection, even approaches 90 minutes."

Source:
Gamepro

Time to Work !

Around the Network

Now where are the guys who said they will not buy MGS4 because of 90-minute cut scenes? They didn't planned to buy anything from the start.

Saddly, he doesn't give us an indication of the maximum cutscene lenght in MGS4.

30 min ? 1h ? 15 min ?

Time to Work !

To paraphrase him, "I played through it twice and I can't confirm that it doesn't have 90 minute cut scenes, but that sounds like an exaggeration. They're long, but I don't remember them being that long."

How can you play through twice and not know?  Did he skip them?

A lot of the people suggesting Kojima needs to drop obsolete methods of creating games and telling stories didn't have statements dependant on the cutscenes being 90 minutes, or even being the majority of the game.  They were simply suggesting that with his lower ability level, he needs to use cutscenes as a crutch to tell stories in games.

And that's unfortunate. 

libellule said:

Saddly, he doesn't give us an indication of the maximum cutscene lenght in MGS4.

30 min ? 1h ? 15 min ?
Probably more like 45 minutes but if you played any of the pervious MGS and/or Xenosaga, I think you can deal with it.  Though the cutscenes could be a little shorter,  I am used to it since I played MGS 1, 2 & 3, FFX, and Star Ocean 3.

Around the Network
TheBigFatJ said:
To paraphrase him, "I played through it twice and I can't confirm that it doesn't have 90 minute cut scenes, but that sounds like an exaggeration. They're long, but I don't remember them being that long."

How can you play through twice and not know?

That is weird. How can you play through a game twice and not remember the cutscene length?

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

That's easy, can you tell me the length of the last movie you watched BFJ, because I can't. It was probably around 2 hours long based off the common movie length, but I wasn't sitting there with a stopwatch. If the movie or whatever you are watching is enjoyable enough, you lose track of time, that's just the way it is.

rocketpig said:
TheBigFatJ said:

That is weird. How can you play through a game twice and not remember the cutscene length?

He probably fell asleep during the cutscenes.  ^_^

rocketpig said:
TheBigFatJ said:

Perhaps he was absorbed with playing the game, and didn't bother pulling out a stopwatch? The whole 'time flies when you're having fun' thing.

libellule said:

Gamepro Kills MGS4 90 Minute Cut-scene Rumor

some of the cut-scenes in the game are elaborate and occasionally lengthy

The question now (after the relief) is, how much??

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."