By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official Wii-Detractor Debunking Thread

EaglesEye379 said:
Im not a Wii detractor, dont get me wrong, but I would love to see you do the same thing for this common argument:

Wii is just a fad and will die out soon! They have already re-hashed all their main franchises and there is nothing notable coming out after Wii Fit.

That's the easiest one =P.

Blockbuster games Nintendo has not released:

Zelda (TP is a GC game, and CT is a spinoff, and Miyamoto said the Zelda team was working on something)

Animal Crossing

Wii Music 

Nintendogs Wii

Other franchises:

Star Fox Wii

F-Zero Wii

Luigi's Mansion

Kid Icarus (you know it's coming)

Donkey Kong 

Kirby Wii (they had a GC version ready, so it will get a release)

Disaster DoC

After all these, thiurd parties will come with the great games, just like they came with the DS. 

Around the Network

Well we already know what's coming out after Wii Fit

1) Super Mario Sluggers Wii
2) Disaster Day of Crisis (seems to have only been delayed in japan due to the earthquakes in China
3) Animal Crossing
4) Guitar Hero Aerosmith
5) Guitar Hero 4
6) Fragile
7) Samba De Amigo
8) Wii Music
9) Fatal Frame 4
10) Rock Band
11) Sky Crawlers
12) Kid Icarus

It seems like each of those games stands a good chance of selling a million copies each. So I'd say that the Wii does have quite a bit of games still to be released this year and one of the games on my list sold 10 million copies last time it was released on the DS.

That's just me cherry picking games. There are plenty other games coming and still quite a few we don't even know about yet. So we have a lot to look forward to.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Dont forget Wii Pikmin.

EaglesEye379 said:
Dont forget Wii Pikmin.

I can't believe it! Name dropping for games left and right and the 1st person to mention pikmin, has a 360 in his avatar. Wii fanboys fankitties must be slipping. We need more soccer moms in here, defending the Wii.

@NintendoMonopoly: There's been no info about a Pikmin game for 2008. Hence the reason it's not on my list. The games on my list are all coming this year.

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.

Around the Network
DarkNight_DS said:
@NintendoMonopoly: There's been no info about a Pikmin game for 2008. Hence the reason it's not on my list. The games on my list are all coming this year.

Mario Kart Wii was announced like 6 months before release, wasn't it?  And that's one of their 3 or 4 biggest sellers each generation. 

Nice! The next thing to argument about the wii that will die hard is the graphic not better than last gen. Will start to see games theat really push the wii. Even though their are so great looking games already.

Only casual games sell on the Wii!
Third parties will never support the Wii again!

Those two that can be considered one really, are one of the most used arguments against the Wii, I think you should put it there, since lately there's been a lot of announcements for the Wii coming from 3rd parties.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

EaglesEye379 said:
Im not a Wii detractor, dont get me wrong, but I would love to see you do the same thing for this common argument:

Wii is just a fad and will die out soon! They have already re-hashed all their main franchises and there is nothing notable coming out after Wii Fit.

If this arguement ever comes up somewhere, I usually use the following:

First, the Macarena was a Fad. Chocolate rain was a fad. A fad lasts a couple of months at best, the Wii is here almost two years now.

And as for games... Nintendo generally starts hyping just before release. How many of you knew when the first tidbits of info on MKWii where released? I believe it wasn't any sooner then E3 2007. Plus, we already know that Nintendo has some big hitters comming this christmas season and that they will be revealed on E3 '08. As stated by Reggie.

(And no Eagle, this obviously isn't aimed at you - just wanted to make it clear)

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

DarkNight_DS said:

He said Pikmin in referrrence to Manueldelalas' post about remaining Nintendo IP's.

The rEVOLution is not being televised