By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Motion controller & Mii Confirmed! M$ will Win the war eventually!

are we absolutley sure this a 100% from MS confirmation?

Around the Network

My god ... this will fail so badly :D Cant wait nto see their profits dropping afther the peripherall will bomb :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

What if the avatars you can have are characters from 360 exclusive games or look a likes you can make your self.

imagine making Marcus fenix with gun saw and all griefing n00bs. LOLz

gengka said:
the same old microsoft. they dived into OS developing because of Mac OS, Internet Explorer because of Netscape, XBOX because of Playstation, and the latest: Mii because of Wii.. LMAO..

Uhmm a few things MS is older then Apple and had been making OS for a longer time than apple.

Apple released the second GUI which they copied from Xerox(Mainly the Lisa is a clone of the STAR). MS copied from Xerox as well. Xerox couldn't patent a lot of things for their PARC system because of monopoly status in the 70's.

I am not going to deend MS here but you know this whole MS copied apple thing is bogus. It was even admitted in court that apple, IBM with the OS/2 and MS all copied Xerox(and did a hack job of it at that).

i dont think its going to go anywhere. the casuals know about the wii, and probably have never heard of a 360. plus the wii is the cheapest console that comes with a game. microsoft cant afford to drop the price on the 360 let alone pack a game with it. another thig is the wii mote is the wii's main control as with the 360 if they release it, they will still have to have a regular control plus the newton or what ever its called.

3DS FC: 4355-9313-6815

Around the Network

Look Here:

http://www.motusgames.com/page_controllerdetail.html 

SSBB FC: 5155 2671 4071 elgefe02: "VGChartz's Resident Raving Rabbit"   MKWii:5155-3729-0989

Of course, these are all "speculation". But game forum is where we can talk about rumors simply for fun.

Some people are negative about the prospect of this strategy because either 1) Quite simply copying Nintendo is lame, 2) You want Wii to succeed, or 3) You feel threatened by casual gaming.

I happen to agree that copying motion-sensing stuff is indeed lame, but like somebody implied, it always has been MS's strategy to copy technology or buyout competitors.

Netscape, MacOS/Xerox GUI, et cetra ... now they are after PDF, Flash, and web-apps. It's all the same all the time. From MS's standpoint, it is perfectly rational to do the same for the console business.

The fact that some of you want Nintendo to "win" is irrelevant to whether MS will succeed with this. MS may surely fail with this but that's not because you like Nintendo better.

And core gamer crowd - there is nothing inherently casual about motion-sensing and voice recognition technologies themselves. In fact, they will most likely enrich your gaming experience.

The incorporation of new expanded audience into the MS market won't take away your precious hardcore games from you. Halo 4 and GTA5 will be made no matter what. Whether soccer moms join the bandwagon or not won't meaningfully affect your gaming life.

No, it's not going to stop  'Til you wise up
No, it's not going to stop  So just ... give up
- Aimee Mann

elgefe02 said:

Look Here:

http://www.motusgames.com/page_controllerdetail.html

cool tech but man it's fugly

redspear said:
gengka said:
the same old microsoft. they dived into OS developing because of Mac OS, Internet Explorer because of Netscape, XBOX because of Playstation, and the latest: Mii because of Wii.. LMAO..

Uhmm a few things MS is older then Apple and had been making OS for a longer time than apple.

Apple released the second GUI which they copied from Xerox(Mainly the Lisa is a clone of the STAR). MS copied from Xerox as well. Xerox couldn't patent a lot of things for their PARC system because of monopoly status in the 70's.

I am not going to deend MS here but you know this whole MS copied apple thing is bogus. It was even admitted in court that apple, IBM with the OS/2 and MS all copied Xerox(and did a hack job of it at that).

Apple paid to use Xerox stuff: Jobs and several other Apple employees including Jef Raskin visited Xerox PARC in December 1979 to see the Alto computer. Xerox granted Apple engineers three days of access to the PARC facilities in return for selling them US$1 million in pre-IPO Apple stock (approximately US$18 million net)

What did Microsoft give to Xerox?

I predict sixasis sucess