By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New MGS 4 review 96%

i call shenanigans!

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Around the Network

I don't think we'll have too many sabotage's :P If anything I have a feeling Starcraft wants this game to be amazing ^^ Like so many other people I know :P Some people preferred certain games in the series, and some disliked others, so I think theres many people hoping this game caters to they're specific taste, and from what I've heard so far it seems to be the case.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

High as expected :)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Well, this is very likely to be the game of the year (GOTY), it may not get as many PERFECT score reviews as GTA4, but I see it having the most rewarding, groundbreaking gameplay. MGS4 didn't cost as much money as GTA4 to produce, it won't sell as much either, but we can clearly see it's more polished, graphically superior and what it does, it does right. It's a stealth game that thriumps as a war game too, and this should make it even more appealing than previous MGS games. It's also two games in one, 'cause it includes Metal Gear Solid Online, that part may or may not be as original and fun as say GTA4 multiplayer, but considering Kojima team put a lot of effort into it I doubt it's just a simple "MP mode" for the core game, it's more like a whole game in its own right. MGS4 is the game to play this year, you could skip GTA4 but not this. GTA4 is arguably a bigger GTA with a MP mode thrown in for good measure, MGS4 is a lot more than the previous games were and then some.

Just based on the revamped gameplay alone this is the best in the series

Around the Network

"The story is too complex"? I'm reminded of the line in "Amadeus", when the king complains that Mozart's symphonies have "too many notes".

MGS4 is like one of those once-in-a-lifetime earthquakes or political revolutions -- nothing is ever the same afterwards.

f*ck review scores, i will enjoy it more then gta4 thats for sure

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

I just want to play the game so I can see how much I disagree with these scores (because inevitably, like everything else, I will).

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

One new thread every new MGS4 review?

iFlower7 said:
One new thread every new MGS4 review?

one thread per review for minor sites and magazines for ign gamespot etc  about 10 threads per review

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434