By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Wii in stock at Best Buy, Amazon, Target: I blame WiiFit?

Falcon095 said:
One of two options:
1- The Wii is death!! haha ThE nOn GamInG IS oVeR!! hD rLz! (lol)
2- There's more supply so there will be a new record! :D

I'll go with option number 3:

3. Nobody knows anything about how Wii supply works, and today happens to be the first day these new consoles were introduced, and it might take more than 5 hours to sell 200,000 Wii's even online. Once again, the Internet attempts to misinterrupret information to meet its agenda without having all the facts. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
jlauro said:
When do you think you will get a chance to see if they are still in stock? Just curious if they will be there tomorrow or not...

Yeah me too. I will try to stop there for no apparent reason tomorrow. :)

52 Wiis at a Target and 26 more in the same week? Sounds like a rip in the space/time fabric of the universe. Amazon.com sells out weeks ahead, moves heaven and earth to get more and fails, Suddenly gets more, sells out again. I'm seeing Wiis in places I've never seen them before. Adults with gray hair stopping me to ask where to get one. Wii Fits seemingly sold out but ad campaign still running. Nintendo very secretive about numbers.

OK, this is just a crazy theory but my Wierd-Shit-O-Meter is jumping off scale. Any chance Nintendo has set this up with deep reserves and is planning a mega-blitz? First month numbers in the stratosphere. It would be a good time to do it.

Sony and MS are very vulnerable. Nintendo would like to improve its 3rd party library. The industry is starting to get the word but still too many big games avoid the Wii. If they could take an unconventional IP like Wii Fit and just maybe out perform GTA IV with all the publicity it got, game developers would change direction so fast they'd have to peel their eyeballs off the windshield.

Just a thought.

loadedstatement said:
Looks like Target has the WiiFit + Wii in stock.

They only have a $400 bundle not either individually. Those will be a bit harder to move.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
I'm gonna be scared of this week's sales numbers, and especially this month's, as usual.

Is it really a surprise anymore to sell the Wii outsell all the compeition?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network

I foresee Pachter and Crazzy silently sobbing, holding each other.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Faxanadu said:
I foresee Pachter and Crazzy silently sobbing, holding each other.

What I wouldn't do for a hidden camera in that room...