By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I have never enjoyed handhelds, but I may be making an exception, so...

....so I might be getting a DS in the near future...

With that out of the way, I´d like your opinion on the 'real must-get' 3rd party titles for the DS.

I enjoy action/adventure and JRPGs....don´t like sports/racing/strategy/puzzle games.

Thanks in advance :) 

Around the Network

The World Ends With You is an excellent choice, although I think it's grossly overpriced for a DS game and I'm not buying it out of protest.

Pokemon Diamond & Pearl is pretty good, although that may not be the sort of JRPG you're looking for.

FF3 DS is a really good game.

I bought a lot of strategy and other random games, so those are the only 3 I can really recommend.

Oh, you should try that new Ninja Gaiden game, it's REALLY good! :)
And yeah The World Ends With You is also great! As is FF3. And Viewtiful Joe DS, awesome game!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Thanks so far, I´m writing down your recommendations.

The World Ends With You
Final Fantasy 3
Ninja Gaiden
Viewtiful Joe

There´s a Contra game too,right?

Around the Network

why are u only interested in 3rd party titles?

u like action/adventure but won't get zelda because it's made by nintendo?

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp
Fastrabbit09 said:

That's the most random, stupid accusation I've heard in a while.

And yeah, there is a Contra game. Contra 4:

It got an 84% of Gamerankings. 

There are 2 Castlevania out there and a 3rd one coming soon. I recommend them all.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Fastrabbit09 said:

Do you always jump the gun like that? -_-

I´m asking about 3rd party titles because I already have made my decision on what 1st party games to get, and Zelda:Phantom Hourglass is one of them.

Anyway,I´m seriously considering Contra 4 and yeah, had forgotten about Castlevania....thanks.

I recommend it every DS game thread so I'll recommend it in this one too.

Elite Beat Agents. It's awesome. Unless you hold an extreme disdain for music rhythm games you owe it to yourself to check it out.

CIHYFS?