By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Other sales. Better late than never

konnichiwa said:
@Tommie you are right but I expect that will be big again with the release of MGS4...That will be sooN;

True. But Ninja Gaiden II is launching as well in June, as is a new 360 bundle which should spike sales a bit. Though I don't expect 360 to keep the 20k difference. I suspect around 50k.

You aint found shit!

Around the Network

Price cut definitly helped the 360 well.
PS3 sales are still good too, to put things in perspective at this point in its life (18 months or so after it's release) the PS2 was averaging 70k/week in Others.

100k a week is nothing to spit at during it's first 4 years in Others, based on VGChartz data the PS2 had exactly 3 weeks where it sold over 100k/week ( they were around August-sept 2002) outside of the October-January holyday period...

This week all 3 consoles are selling more than the PS2 was at the same time, that is no small feat...

PS3-Xbox360 gap : 1.5 millions and going up in PS3 favor !

PS3-Wii gap : 20 millions and going down !

@libellule

wasn't that meant to start last week??

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

darthdevidem01 said:
@PooperScooper

LOL....I blame GCSE's

anyways PSP is really umm....just not up there

FF7 should do something

@Montana

I'm sorry but I can't say that about 360 numbers....in UK Loads of ads say 360 now from 159.99....a whole £130 cheaper than Ps3 & the Premium is a whole £100 cheaper....basically $200 cheaper.......and all this was HEAVILY Advertised in a 360 GTA IV ad..

so sorry but 360 sales just aren't doing great imho (its cheaper than the wii!!)

And all GTAIV tv adds are 100% 360 centric too, there isn't even a mention of the PS3, usually it might be massivley 1 or the other but at the end it might have small "also available" writing, but not for GTAIV.

@TWRo0

I know it was SHOCKING!

SONY were so lazy not to get their consoles name in such a big game!

Around the Network

You know the Wii is dominating when it gets 147k and everyone just shrugs as if it is nothing special.

@whatever

thats shocked me the most today....

It isn't getting the credit it deserves....you can't always expect a 200K + week for it everytime

darthdevidem01 said:
@libellule

wasn't that meant to start last week??

==> it was the 07 may but it was delayed until the 15th may

and yes, it is PGR4 + GTA4 + Halo3

Time to Work !

whatever said:
You know the Wii is dominating when it gets 147k and everyone just shrugs as if it is nothing special.

No one even notices that the DS has been above 220k since January.... at one point nearly making 300k in the middle of February!
http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Total+Other&cons2=PS3&reg2=Total+Other&cons3=DS&reg3=Total+Other&start=39355&end=39586

Great numbers all round!

I can't wait to see what effect MGS4 will have on the Hardware sales for the PS3... Should be interesting :D