By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Best FPS coming out this year that no one is talking about...

F.E.A.R was ok, but it wasnt in the same league as Halo, Half-Life and Bioshock. It was to sparce, and the slow-mo got annoying. Like most slo-mo games do. Corridor shooters that stay inside are old hat.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
Impressive effects with the same old cliche gameplay we see in all Sci Fi shooters. Oh well. Looks better than R2, KZ2, and Gears 2.

This is a horror FPS game. Nothin Sci Fi about it... :)

it seems ok but the gameplay aint all that

Yes I'm sure that shooter on that video I jsut watched is set in the year 2008. No it has to be in the future cause last I checked those weapons don't exist now.

But I'll correct myself and say horror sci fi shooter if it'll appease you. Kinda like Doom I suppose.

Left4Dead is going to destroy all other FPS this year.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network
selnor said:
F.E.A.R was ok, but it wasnt in the same league as Halo, Half-Life and Bioshock. It was to sparce, and the slow-mo got annoying. Like most slo-mo games do. Corridor shooters that stay inside are old hat.

First of all...FEAR had plenty of open areas later in the game and while it wasn't as battle filled as Halo, the computer AI is better than Halo's.

Secondly those games listed are amazing but none of them are coming out this year...

Thridly...FEAR was the first to do slo mo in an FPS...and should be reckognized for starting that...evenif all the other copycats made it boring after.

And lastly, here is the metacritic on FEAR when it first came out on PC.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/fear?q=F.E.A.R

Anyone saying this wasn't an AAA game is dead wrong.

I liked FEAR and thought it was a very enjoyable game. This seems to take that to the next level so I'll be keeping my eye on it. I also like Monolith since the game Blood.

To the poster who mentioned Colonial Marines...Id completely forgotten about it, it looks extremely good. Lets hope its released, unlike the PS2 version which magically disappeared

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Omac said:
I liked FEAR and thought it was a very enjoyable game. This seems to take that to the next level so I'll be keeping my eye on it. I also like Monolith since the game Blood.

Heh... Blood was awesome indeed.

People who mention Free Radical and Haze situation and say this may happen to Monolith have to remember that only good thing Free Radical did was Timesplitters.

Monolith however have Blood, Shogo, Alien Vs Predator 2, Condemned, Condemned 2, FEAR... Usually reviewers say "Another year, another great shooter from Monolith"

I completely agree. FEAR was a AAA FPS. And it had a killer AI. A little repeatative but outstanding and atmospheric. Though, i admit, i didn't get the whole concept from the first passing. I had to replay it on 360 and get the whole mood.
About PO, I strongly believe that is gonna be great but it will be overwhelmed from the hype it DOESN'T have.