By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HAZE dev (FreeRadical)responds to IGN review

SpartanFX said:
I think he is more shocked that anything else,,,,,IGN gave blacksite and denied ops better scores than this game and based on the demo alone I have to completely disagree.(even though I accept IGN most of the time).

In my view both those games are better than Haze.

Around the Network
Ajax said:
Which complete idiot gave GoldenEye a 4?.. crazy people on this planet..

Probably a PC gamer.

Dallinor said:
SpartanFX said:
I think he is more shocked that anything else,,,,,IGN gave blacksite and denied ops better scores than this game and based on the demo alone I have to completely disagree.(even though I accept IGN most of the time).

Really? You have played all 3?

Dallinor said:
SpartanFX said:

I ahven't played haze but the demo  of haze alone was 100 times better than denied ops(that game was pure garbage)

Hey can't we all agree that reviewer's just plain suck at their jobs nowadays?

Around the Network

can't we just accept that maybe this game sucked?

@DOATS1

yeah but it's getting really mixed reviews,,

on PS fourms there is a FPs fan that owns both PS3 and 360 has played the game(haze came out last week in Iceland) and he says it's a veru good FPS ,,,he adds that's like halo for PS3(he owns halo for 360)

his thoughts:

"The game is pretty good. The FPS mechanics work well. The graphics are fine. The controls are as smooth as Halo´s. It sucks you in from the start. The first mission wasn´t that great. It gets better.

I am pretty sure that online will be hell of a lot of fun. I haven´t had the chance to play it. I just got to the point where you turn into a rebel, yet haven´t played as one yet. It is a decent game that is worth the buy, that is if you enjoy FPS."

"Haze pretty much is Halo for the PS3. The guy that posted earlier was right-- it was the hype that killed it. It is a good FPS, it is just not revolutionary. It is fun, frantic and fast. Easy to play, and the first person shooter mechanics work well.

"

Link: 

http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=139689&page=3 

I think the fact that it's a PS3 exclusive adds to why the game got such a low score.

Okay, Gameplay mechanics aren't an issue of the console but an issue with the developer, but IGN raises the point that the graphics are far from being up to par, which is (sort of) excuseable on multiplatform games because they have to obviously cut costs because they are working on to builds. When it comes to exclusive games though, there is no excuse. They were always working on the PS3 and should have been able to at least make the games graphics smooths (if not technically beautiful).

I'm not trying to defend IGN here, but aside from something happening outside the publics eye, I don't see why they would have alterior motives for posting a bad score aside from it being a bad game (they aren't a unknown gaming website looking for their 15 minutes, Haze wasn't advertised on their website and they seem to have a good relationship with the developer from their previews, news and interviews).

I agree with Imperial also, I think it being an exclusive paints a huge target on it's back already.

*bleu-ocelot* said:
Hey can't we all agree that reviewer's just plain suck at their jobs nowadays?

Well, at least they play the games before passing judgment on them!

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

windbane said:
Dallinor said:
SpartanFX said:

Really? You have played all 3?

I've played the Haze and Denied Ops demo's and the full Blacksite game.

You can read my initial impressions of the Haze demo here:http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=26236

That was written after a single play-through. After some more time spent with the demo though, my feelings went from general inertia towards the game, to complete dislike.