By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - HAZE dev (FreeRadical)responds to IGN review

Um, where's the 4/10 for Goldeneye? Not from the major players... (from Metacritic)

All critic scores are converted to a 100-point scale. If a critic does not indicate a score, we assign a score based on the general impression given by the text of the review. Learn more...

Da Gameboyz
This is probably the best game you can get on the Nintendo 64.
Adrenaline Vault
Bar none this is the greatest console game ever made... Its mix of thought-provoking action, wonderful ambience, and perfect execution make this a must play for any gamer.
GamePro
Play GoldenEye one time and you’ll be jonesin’ for James harder than Grace Jones on a lonely night. It’s one of the best movie-to-game translations ever.
Games Domain
Simply the most exciting and involving N64 game to date.
Game Critics
Here is a game that not only changed my perception of games, but also changed my perception of the world. Never shall I pass a security camera again without itching to disable it with a pinpoint accurate shot. Altering a person's perception is not an easy thing to do and qualities like that make for some very interesting art.
All Game Guide
So if you appreciate ingenuity, realistic settings, loads of cool weapons, and some of the best artificial intelligence ever witnessed in a first-person shooter, let alone a console shooter, GoldenEye 007 is an essential addition to your N64 game library.
Nintendophiles
Without a doubt, an experience like no other.
Total Video Games
This is without a doubt one of the best games ever made. Every true gamer should own this game, Goldeneye is an absolute must. Personally I don’t think I will ever stop playing this game, I love it.
Hot Games
One can't go without mentioning the fantastic multiplayer mode. Unlike PC shooters, where ambush seems to be the name of the game, GoldenEye concentrates on fast, frantic fun. Everyone can see each other's screen, and radar is provided for additional assistance, so hiding is a virtual impossibility.
GameSpot
The type of game N64 owners have been waiting for since they finished Mario 64. It has outstanding graphics and sound, and contains a certain depth in its gameplay that really entices you to finish it on all three difficulty levels.
IGN
We can say with a clear conscience that Goldeneye 007 is the best single-player first-person game on any system.
TotalGames.net
Goldeneye is even better than "Mario 64." Even Oddjob could figure out what that means! A Nintendo 64 without Goldeneye is like James Bond without a vodka martini.
Gaming Maxx
Is Goldeneye 007 another great game by Rare, Is 007 the best first-person shooter on any next-generation system... my answer is HELL YEA!
Electric Playground
A pure classic if I've ever seen one. It is infectious fun with superb depth. This is a must buy that will keep you interested for months on end.
GamerWeb Nintendo
Fans of N64 and PC games used to compare Goldeneye to games such as "Half Life," which is remarkable because Goldeneye was not only older, but running on hardware that was vastly inferior to a $2500 PC.
Electronic Gaming Monthly
Truly classic, late '90s college dorm room staple, and Rare's finest moment. [Jan 2004, p.189]
Game Revolution
One of the best first person shooters ever.
Gaming Age
Overall, GoldenEye, while being a good corridor shooter, is a corridor shooter, nonetheless. I have no problem with Nintendo releasing quality games, but I think it's time they expand the horizons of the system a little.
Nintendorks
Its strategy and story mixed in with the action make it a fantastic gaming experience.
Nintendojo
It has all those essential elements that good games need, and all those elements are slightly less than perfect.
Weekly Famitsu
7 / 8 / 8 / 8 - 31 silver

BAM! There it is!

Wii Code 3456 7941 4060 2924
COD MW Reflex 541192229709
Around the Network

Its hilarious how one review of one game has sparked so much debate.

The simple fact of the matter is: go to the Playstation store, download the demo, play it yourself, if u like it buy it, if you dont, then dont buy it.

If you liked the demo, the review wont make much difference. If you havent played the demo, rent before you buy.

This single review seems to have sparked a warzone lol

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot