By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo going to right direction?

@Diomedes1976

Your claims seem to be based more on your opinions than on actual facts and data. How do you explain why story-rich and deep games often fail to break even a million units sold, while Nintendogs is pushing towards 20 million? And why is it that the latest Mario is selling faster than the objectivist steam-punk masterpiece BioShock, and faster than the sci-fi drama Mass Effect? Your theory doesn't align with the facts.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

Around the Network

Diomedes1976 said:
Nintendo fans must desperately try to understand two concepts.
Those arent so hard .Just try it a bit.

1.Not everybody is interested in playing mascot-based games with basic colours all their life.It just doesnt appeal to everybody.Its not a question of the playability of the game being deep or not.Nintendo games have usually been quite deep,specially Miyamoto ones.But this kind of aesthetic and plot offering just receives some kind of repulsion by a good chunk of the core and hardcore adult gamers.

Not all of nintendos Ips are mascot based. Metroid for example barely has any other characters  than samus, and you know very little about her. Earthbound has had many main characters throughout the years. Fire Emblem the same. Not all of nintendos Ips are colors and simplistic.

2.Some gamers ,and humanity in general,like to hear good stories.If you can play them is better still.And if you can play them with the highest graphic and sound quality possible that is the deal for many core and hardcore gamers.Nintendo doesnt offer anything as a story for its games just Mario saving Peach and battling Bowser or Link rescuing Zelda or Mario running karts over and over.

If you ever played a zelda game you would know it's much more than saving the princess. That might be the basis , but each game has a large complex story by itself, and it's so complex that it splits into many timelines, and the official chronological order of the games is yet unknown. SInce when had racers or sport games had stories. I do agree though with mario the story is very weak.

And finally and adding 1 and 2:when someone says you that he prefers "adult" games its not that he wants to kill people and beat prostitutes up.Thats only the stereotype you want to make of them.Its ,more usually than not ,some player for wich the reality-esthetics-plot and depht of the storyline means something,prefers something more realistic and akin to what reality would be like ... and just doesnt want to play over and over the mascot rescuing the princess or playing sports.They can do it once upon a time,I usually enjoy the Zelda series for example (although the repetition is getting tiresome from OOT to Tp nothing has changed),but that cant be their main console or entertaintment option. I do believe your are correct about zelda not changing much, but nintendo already promised a change in the next one. Yet again not all nintendo games are the mascot rescueing the princess.

Well ,those intelligent will get these.The other ,not so intelligent (Neos ,NJ5 .. resuming the usual suspects ) will just post some fake thing they made up or better found around the internet.They just only seem to care that Nintendo sells the most and that no one can disagree in the quality of Nintendo offerings by trying to spin-contort-twist the others words.I really don't think you should bash peoples intelligence. 

sc94597 said:
psrock said:
believe it or not , most games are made for kids, but adults do play them. Me, i prefer games that are made for 20 year olds in mind. I have have made the decision to at least try these games, leave it be. I might like them, most of you do.
i'm buying a ds soon.

Yeah I know I love too many rpgs, but that is alot of what the ds has. Some of these games aren't out in the U.S yet, won't come to the U.S, or still aren't released in any region yet.

i'm getting NINJA GAIDEN Dragon Sword for sure, and probably contra.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
believe it or not , most games are made for kids, but adults do play them. Me, i prefer games that are made for 20 year olds in mind. I have have made the decision to at least try these games, leave it be. I might like them, most of you do.
i'm buying a ds soon.

Yeah I know I love too many rpgs, but that is alot of what the ds has. Some of these games aren't out in the U.S yet, won't come to the U.S, or still aren't released in any region yet.

Yeah Dragon Swords is good, and Contra is good, but very very very hard( this comes from somebody who plays alot of hard games). Since you like fpses metroid prime hunters is good(mediocre for a metroid game) and has great online.  What genres do you like other than Action-Adventure, and Shooters?

psrock said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
i'm buying a ds soon.

Maybe you could be interested in Dementium: The Ward.

It's a flawed game but interesting nontheless. 

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
i'm buying a ds soon.

Yeah Dragon Swords is good, and Contra is good, but very very very hard( this comes from somebody who plays alot of hard games). Since you like fpses metroid prime hunters is good(mediocre for a metroid game) and has great online.  What genres do you like other than Action-Adventure, and Shooters?
racing, fighting, simulations and aything adventures.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
celine said:
psrock said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
i'm buying a ds soon.

Maybe you could be interested in Dementium: The Ward.

It's a flawed game but interesting nontheless. 

i just checked it out, looks scary, i woulnt mind getting it.

Next Gen 

psrock said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
i'm buying a ds soon.

Yeah Dragon Swords is good, and Contra is good, but very very very hard( this comes from somebody who plays alot of hard games). Since you like fpses metroid prime hunters is good(mediocre for a metroid game) and has great online. What genres do you like other than Action-Adventure, and Shooters?

Mario Kart, Starfox, Super Jump Stars,Bleach,I think Grid might be a nice racer for ds, Phantom Hourglass is adventurous, and Myst isn't really combat driven, but adventurous too(alot of puzzles). The Advance Wars series is good if you like strategy games, Resident Evil Deadly Silence, Assasin Creed, Mega Man. Those are all great. If you like platformers SOnic Rush Castlevania and the new super mario bros are good. 

I might as well toss in a plug for The World Ends With You.

sc94597 said:
psrock said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
sc94597 said:
psrock said:
i'm buying a ds soon.

Yeah Dragon Swords is good, and Contra is good, but very very very hard( this comes from somebody who plays alot of hard games). Since you like fpses metroid prime hunters is good(mediocre for a metroid game) and has great online. What genres do you like other than Action-Adventure, and Shooters?

Mario Kart, Starfox, Super Jump Stars,Bleach,I think Grid might be a nice racer for ds, Phantom Hourglass is adventurous, and Myst isn't really combat driven, but adventurous too(alot of puzzles). The Advance Wars series is good if you like strategy games, Resident Evil Deadly Silence, Assasin Creed, Mega Man. Those are all great. If you like platformers SOnic Rush Castlevania and the new super mario bros are good. 

are you really 14, you play a lot a games. Anyways, i will try some those games.

Next Gen