By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo going to right direction?

I thought Wii was already getting a generic FPS (The Conduit) to please the "hardcore". And now there's gratuitous violence in MadWorld for all you Manhunt fans (as if Manhunt 2 wasn't enough).

Aurally examine my music!

Wear gaudy colours or avoid display. It's all the same.

Be warned, I will use walls of polysyllables and complex clauses as a defence against lucid argument.

Wand to read a creepy thread?

Around the Network

psrock: I don't know how much better this is going to make you feel, but you've made excellent progress.

* Denial (Wii can't compete with the HD consoles! Nintendo is a laughing stock!)
* Anger (Why do all these idiots keep buying the Wii!?!)
* Bargaining (Wii is competing in a different market! We can all live happily together!)
* Depression (Nintendo has ruined gaming! I blame WiiFit! I don't care anymore!)
* Acceptance (Where can I buy a Wii?)

You might have spent quite a while in denial, but blazed through anger and bargaining almost instantaneously, and are handling depression in a very constructive manner. The last part is no easier than the earlier ones, but you'll be in the clear after this.

I just wanted to know that we're here for you.

RolStoppable said:
plzdontbanme said:
"Wii is not killing any genre/gaming."

Wii KILLED mario kart damnit it takes no skill at all.

People who say that Mario Kart Wii takes no skill at all are usually the people who lack any sort of skill whatsoever.

1504-5804-0954

That's my friend code. I am confident that I can beat you in an one on one race every single time, probably with ease. Feel free to prove me wrong.

I think that was the point, from what i've heard.

With the new Mario Kart, it doesn't matter whether your 'skillfull' or not, 'cos the entire game has been dumbed down.

You're also punished for being too good. Winning is almost a matter of chance now.

Dragon007 said:
RolStoppable said:
plzdontbanme said:

People who say that Mario Kart Wii takes no skill at all are usually the people who lack any sort of skill whatsoever.

1504-5804-0954

That's my friend code. I am confident that I can beat you in an one on one race every single time, probably with ease. Feel free to prove me wrong.

With the new Mario Kart, it doesn't matter whether your 'skillfull' or not, 'cos the entire game has been dumbed down.

You're also punished for being too good. Winning is almost a matter of chance now.

You didn't get Rol's point. He is skilled, and he almost always wins. This proves that skill is the biggest factor in the game, unlike what the non-skilled folks say (including many reviewers). Just ask the people who play every week in the VGChartz championships. If you still doubt it, you can of course play Rol or another 9000+ (or even 8000+) ranked player, and then you'll see.

Personally speaking, my rank is around 6500, and I can already see why skill is the biggest factor in this game. When you first start playing, it can often seem that it's too random, but that's just because you haven't gotten used to the game yet.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Dragon007 said:
RolStoppable said:
plzdontbanme said:

1504-5804-0954

Rol (apparently, i haven't had the pleasure yet) beats everyone he verses, it can't be luck.. thats the point he was making.. how can he always beat you if its completely based on luck?

Around the Network
tabsina said:
Dragon007 said:
RolStoppable said:
plzdontbanme said:

1504-5804-0954

Rol (apparently, i haven't had the pleasure yet) beats everyone he verses, it can't be luck.. thats the point he was making.. how can he always beat you if its completely based on luck?

I don't know, you may have a point. I'm just going by what i've heard in numerous reviews.

I didn't say it was completely based on luck, just moreso than the previous games. But again, I haven't played it myself, this is just what i've heard.

Dragon007 said:

I don't know, you may have a point. I'm just going by what i've heard in numerous reviews.

I didn't say it was completely based on luck, just moreso than the previous games. But again, I haven't played it myself, this is just what i've heard.

Well, you did say "Winning is almost a matter of chance now."

The problem is that numerous reviews of this game had blatant mistakes in them. Next time, I suggest playing the game, or at least talking to people who have played it instead of listening to crappy game reviewers.

NJ5 said:
Dragon007 said:

Well, you did say "Winning is almost a matter of chance now."

The problem is that numerous reviews of this game had blatant mistakes in them. Next time, I suggest playing the game, or at least talking to people who have played it instead of listening to crappy game reviewers.

You're being a bit too sensitive.

There's a difference between "Winning is almost a matter of chance now" and "Winning is completely based on luck"

Bold: They may have exaggerated a bit, but i'm sure they weren't lying.

Dragon007 said:
tabsina said:
Dragon007 said:
RolStoppable said:
plzdontbanme said:

1504-5804-0954

It only feels like its more base on luck then the previous game because in MK:wii its 12players racing instead of 8 like usual. More players = more chaos . If you are skilled you will be able to stay infront far enough where pesky items won't hurt you at all .I'm at 8700+VR points myself raced Rol couple times he very skilled and wins most the time .

Dragon007 said:

You're being a bit too sensitive.

There's a difference between "Winning is almost a matter of chance now" and "Winning is completely based on luck"

Bold: They may have exaggerated a bit, but i'm sure they weren't lying.

I'm just calling it as I see it. Let's see another quote of yours: "With the new Mario Kart, it doesn't matter whether your 'skillfull' or not,"

That is the same as saying that "winning is completely based on luck", so there goes your difference. Of course, this is all moot because as you said, you haven't even played the game.