By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Nintendo going to right direction?

LordTheNightKnight said:
The thing is that Nintendo did not make hardcore games cost as much as they do. Put the blame where it belongs.

i agree with that one.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
Ajax said:
girls and soccer just don't match..

Wake up,  macho creep!  we are in the 21th century.

well then you know now Rubang.. and don't act like I make this up... just look at games too... that Baby DS game is just not for boys, eventhough you will sure find three guys playing it, just like guys digg more Call of Duty.. that's got nothing to do with the 21st century or me..

''Hadouken!''

psrock said:
LordTheNightKnight said:
The thing is that Nintendo did not make hardcore games cost as much as they do. Put the blame where it belongs.

i agree with that one.

BTW, did you hear that Miyamoto actually likes FPS? 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

really? he's a teaser then

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
psrock said:
really? he's a teaser then

Well he's the reason Metroid Prime was first-person.

He even wanted Ocarina of Time to be first-person, but having Link change age required that to change.

And in the development of Link's Crossbow Training, he actually suggested it be an FPS, with a plot like The Terminator. This is from his own mouth (find the "Iwata Asks" interview about the Wii Zapper).

So if he got the chance to do an FPS, he will do it. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

RolStoppable said:
plzdontbanme said:
"Wii is not killing any genre/gaming."

Wii KILLED mario kart damnit it takes no skill at all.

People who say that Mario Kart Wii takes no skill at all are usually the people who lack any sort of skill whatsoever.

1504-5804-0954

That's my friend code. I am confident that I can beat you in an one on one race every single time, probably with ease. Feel free to prove me wrong.

I don't have MK Wii.  So I can't fight you right now.

"Why isn't samus in a mario kart game?"

The Ghost of RubangB said:
plzdontbanme said:
"Let's say there are 2 bags of money. The hardcore bag and the casual bag. Let's say the hardcore bag is 1 million and the casual bag is 10 million. What do you grab? 1 million, 10 million, or 11 million?"

Lol so less than 10% of games will be made for hardcore? Weak.

Ok let me try this again:

Let's say you get 50 hardcore games a year, every single year, like clockwork.

Then there's a gaming revolution and a new market appears, worth a gazillion dollars.

Now you get 500 casual games, 500 non-games, 500 party games, and 500 "trumped up tech demos" per year.

The whole industry booms during this period.

Now you get 60 hardcore games a year.

Why would you complain?

You think TakeTwo is gonna cancel GTA and start making Grand Theft Mario Party?

You are still a target demographic.  You are still worth money.  You will still get games.

The only thing changing will be your diet.  'Cuz it's gonna be a whole mess of CROOOOOOOOOOW.

Nintendo has gone casual and killed MK I believe that is what I said.  This is a sign of things to come.  Why bring GTA into this?  Is GTA going to the wii?

HappySqurriel said:

I don't know what you're getting at with your movie comments psrock but they seem to be the complete opposite about your gaming comments.

The Blair Witch Project was a movie which cost (roughly) $30,000 to make and grossed over $100,000,000 in theaters; so in other words, in many ways this movie was exactly like Mario and Sonic at the Olympics in that it was low budget and still had high revenues. Your argument was that publishers would abandon their high budget projects (similar to big budget blockbuster movies) in the face of such high profitability, which from movies (and what we have seen in the videogame industry) seems amazingly unlikely.

You attempt to deflect this argument by pointing out that (for the most part) big budget blockbuster movies are crap ... I've got a peice of information for you, big budget videogames (for the most part) are crap! Mobile Sut Gundam: Crossfire, Turning Point: Fall of Liberty, Lair, Genji: Days of the Blade, and BlackSite: Area 51 all had very large budgets and were all very bad games.

The fact is these big budget games, much like movies, continue to be announced for the PS3 and XBox 360 every day even though they will probably be pretty bad and sell pretty poorly anyways. So how has Mario and Sonic at the Olympics or the Wii in general hurt the big budget games?

No don't compare Blair Witch Project to Mario and Sonic.  Mario is the biggest name in gaming his face was on the game of course it will sell.  Blair Witch had nothing it was a true success story.

I'm not trolling. I was playing it on launch day and nobody was winning more than 3 times in a row. Nintendo even said themselves noobs will be able to keep up with MK veterans.