By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Should Eternal Darkness be remade for Xbox 360?

I was just looking at the wikipedia page for Too Human and noticed that Silicon Knights may have Eternal Darkness 2 in development.  Considering they're now in bed with Microsoft it's hard to imagine it not being for the 360.  If that's the case shouldn't they redo Eternal Darkness as well considering a lot of Xbox gamers might not have had the chance to play it?

Around the Network

No because they should put all their work into Enternal Darkness 2 instead of just recreating the first one. If people wants the first i highly recommennded you buying because its such a horrific and inspiring game but its only on gamecube.

i think it's the xbox gamers fault if they haven't played it on the cube and not silicon knights', so it's the xbox gamers that have to care about that

no seriously, i don't expect them to do that because a simple port would look crappy on the 360 but redoing it would take way too much time for silicon knights, i mean, they release a new game all couple of years.

Currently Playing: Skies of Arcadia Legends (GC), Dragon Quest IV (DS)

Last Game beaten: The Rub Rabbits(DS)

Alright lets just get this clear. Silicon Knights and MS teamed up to create Too Human and that's it. There is no other love going around so stop acting like Silicon Knights only develops for MS.

Now back to the topic at hand. An ED seque, on the 360 is possible but it cant have one feature from the previous game: the sanity meter. Nintendo has it patented. This pretty nuch confirms the game will be on a Nintendo platform cause if it goes on the 360 it cant have that feature. And if you played the first game you'll kknow how important that feature is. Guess we'll just have to wait to hear more from Silicon hopefully at E3.

Zucas said:
Alright lets just get this clear. Silicon Knights and MS teamed up to create Too Human and that's it. There is no other love going around so stop acting like Silicon Knights only develops for MS.

Now back to the topic at hand. An ED seque, on the 360 is possible but it cant have one feature from the previous game: the sanity meter. Nintendo has it patented. This pretty nuch confirms the game will be on a Nintendo platform cause if it goes on the 360 it cant have that feature. And if you played the first game you'll kknow how important that feature is. Guess we'll just have to wait to hear more from Silicon hopefully at E3.

Also it clearly states in the manual "ALL rights including the copyrights of Game, Scenario, Music, and Program reserved by NINTENDO" which confirms that Nintendo owns the rights to any sequels or remakes based on the first Eternal Darkness.

Around the Network

Sequel would be better than remake, but if no sequel I will go for the remake haha

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Should be interesting to see what happens. I wonder if they could make a spirtual successor to the game to get around Nintendo's rights to Eternal Darkness.

Why bother? Why not make the successor ON a Nintendo platform and rake in the money? Their development cycle on Too Human has to be a horribly expensive endeavour, so why not make the next not-Too Human game on the system with a potentially larger userbase and a cheaper development cost. (Especially if Nintendo owns the IP. Instead of trying to make an entirely new setting and try to skirt around the original ideas, they could just work with Nintendo and use the setting they developed the first time through. Moneys.)

Not taking away from Too Human or SK, but the game would probably just do better on the Wii, and leave the Too Human games for the 360.

Eternal Darkness 2 and 3 will be exclusive to Nintendo because Nintendo owns the rights to Eternal Darkness, not Silicon Knights.

CameronHall1 said:
No because they should put all their work into Enternal Darkness 2 instead of just recreating the first one. If people wants the first i highly recommennded you buying because its such a horrific and inspiring game but its only on gamecube.

I agree, instead ofgoing down the same path, they need to harness their efforts for a new rendition, a damn good sequel!