By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Is Microsoft targetting the wrong platform!

ookaze said:
MS astroturfers get what they deserve.
Try to think! There's no way a Nintendo fan who supposedly avidly went through 20 years of Nintendo franchises, loving them even through Gamecube era while passing on PS2 games, and suddenly, when Nintendo puts out lots of their franchises, improved, in 1.5 years, the supposedly avid Nintendo fan throw everything away and go to XB360.
That doesn't even make sense. Especially someone used to Nintendo hardware reliability going to a not reliable console like the XB360.
Someone genuinely migrating to XB360 wouldn't have talked about 20 years of Nintendo fanness, that makes no sense unless you want to show that XB360 is so amazing that even the biggest fans switch. This is in fact an exact copy of the strategy of the first Mac switcher campaign, that MS quickly copied with its army of astroturfers.
I told you, people like you are easily spot, and they all react the same.
I dealt with you people in other market long before the Wii came into existence. I'm actually amazed there are so many in the videogame market.

I don't want to argue here anymore so I sent you a PM.

Completed X360:
High Def Movie Collection
Around the Network

It's the MS bane: whichever market it enters, an uncontrollable appetite for domination that makes it desire whatever, goods, power, user base or other, is owned by the leader it wants to dethrone.
So its appetite was aimed at Sony in the past and it's aimed at Nintendo now.
This attitude can work when MS aggressiveness, greed and rapacity may be deployed at their full strenght, but with Live, Zune, XBox 1, and now, it seems, XBox 360 too, it looks like it doesn't apply.
This attitude, also, in fields with volatile trends, makes MS chase the coolest of the moment and frantically change style whenever another competitor becomes the coolest.
Childish? Judge by yourselves. Facts are that MS didn't conquer a monopoly anymore after Windows and Office. Luckily.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW!