By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Metal Gear is confusing me.......

OK, if I wanted to get some Metal Gear Solid games, which ones do I get? There are like 2 versions of each Metal Gear Solid game on the PS2. I'm confused as to which one is better (MGS2 & MGS3).

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Around the Network

Get MGS:Twin Snakes remake for gamecube first of all. Then play MGS3 substenence... 2 you can skip all together.

Isn't there a compilation where you can get all the MG games for something like $30 on the PS2?

I second what disolitude said, besides skipping MGS2. If you want to keep up with the story, I'm sure some stuff from MGS2 will be brought up in MGS4. Personally, I got the regular MGS2, but from what I've heard, Substance is better.

Get Twin Snakes and MGS3: Substinence without a doubt though.

1/ get MGS on PSX (u can play it on PS2)

IF u can't support old gen game then u may choose MGS Twin Snake (remake) on GC (of course u will need a GC)

2/ get the "more recent" MGS2 version to get "all" the features

3/ same for MGS3 (sorry dont have the precise name)

Time to Work !

Around the Network
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
I second what disolitude said, besides skipping MGS2. If you want to keep up with the story, I'm sure some stuff from MGS2 will be brought up in MGS4. Personally, I got the regular MGS2, but from what I've heard, Substance is better.

Get Twin Snakes and MGS3: Substinence without a doubt though.

Yeah, he may miss the "Raiden sucks" jokes that are sure to happenin Mgs4...:)

Again,

- listen twestern and buy the legendary edition with the 3 games.

- DONT skip MGS2, the game may be less good than the 2 others but it is still a good game that continue to build the whole story. There is no reason to skip the game.

- dont play Twin Snake if you dont need to play it (meaning you have the MGS1 from PSX). Twin snake cinematic are the only thing that you REALLY need to avoid ...

Time to Work !

libellule said:
Again,

- DONT skip MGS2, the game may be less good than the 2 others but it is still a good game that continue to build the whole story. There is no reason to skip the game.

- dont play Twin Snake if you dont need to play it (meaning you have the MGS1 from PSX). Twin snake cinematic are the only thing that you REALLY need to avoid ...

LIES!!!

Get the PSX version of MGS because I think it's better than the Gamecube version in terms of cut-scenes and dialog. With the Gamecube version, they brought back the actors to redo the dialog, but I feel that a lot of emotion was lost. Also, the cutscenes in the Gamecube remake were like watching the Matrix and I really hated watching them.

For MGS2 and MGS3, find MGS2: Substance and MGS3: Subsistance because these include the game as well as extra content (Metal Gear 1 and 2 in Subsistance) and will offer an overall better experience.

As Twestern was saying, there is the Metal Gear Solid: Essential Collection that should include MGS, MGS2: Substance, and MGS3: Subsistance and as stated above, should then also include Metal Gear 1 and 2 for only $30.

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?sku=281885

disolitude said:
libellule said:
Again,

- dont play Twin Snake if you dont need to play it (meaning you have the MGS1 from PSX). Twin snake cinematic are the only thing that you REALLY need to avoid ...

LIES!!!

lol, my MGS fan friends and myself were disgusted at the cutscenes of Twin Snakes.