By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 will sell regular one million per month sales in Europe/Other region

What's more surprising, is that you actually do not expect the Ps3 to increase much in America + Japan.

Last year, monthly sales were 360K combined in those 2 areas.

Sales from 6th Jan to 12th may last year:

America 679K
Japan: 443K
Total: 1122K

This year so far:

America: 1440K
Japan: 404K

Total: 1844K

That's a 39% increase. What you expect is a 45% increase for America + Japan, meaning that you expect the sales in those regions only to average a bit higher than they do now.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Around the Network

One million PS3 consoles sold in Europe/Others region for a month could be possible in 2009/10.
The PS2 managed to sell one million PS2's in a month on a regular basis in Europe.
I believe the PS3 is the continuation of the PS2.

So, I see you're picking on JL and his predictions and that does not Rock_on at all! Especially considering his reason for being gone. Seems, odd to lump every country that's not Japan or in NA together,since the PS3 sells differently in the UK,Aus, and Asia mainland countries than it does in PAL regions. Might as well make a prediction about world wide sales. Though, anything is possible. I could see it happening if it were released in China and India at say $250 or less. It does have sixaxsis, and we know how much appeal motion-sensing has. So yeah. I could "a console" with motion-sensing selling in the $250 and under price range with motion-sensing selling a million systems a month in Eur+Other regularly, if it was released in China and India.

I hope you are joking.

Work in progress for now...

Sony says they are only going to ship .83 million per month worldwide and you're saying they will sell 1 million per month in others alone.

Something don't add up.

Around the Network

I have fixed the thread up.
BTW: I was not talking about this year. 2009/10. When PS3 console sales reach their peaks in third/ fourth year.

I'm guessing this is in response to the JohnLucas post. When will this 1 million monthly thing occur anyway? I'm not sure if the PS3 can double its luck in that region, but it could happen, with a steady stream of quality titles.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

I claim this as big a bull as JL's prediction. :)

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

PS3 will be able to reach these sales levels in Other region in second half 2009/ 2010 onwards. when production of PS3 increases per month, cheaper price for PS3, slimline PS3 will be available in 2009. sales will increase dramatically with FF 13, GT 5 , God of War 3, etc.

Rock_on_2008 said:
One million PS3 consoles sold in Europe/Others region for a month could be possible in 2009/10.
The PS2 managed to sell one million PS2's in a month on a regular basis in Europe.
I believe the PS3 is the continuation of the PS2.

The PS2 never regularly sold one million PS2's per month in Europe, not outside of the holiday season. Actually it didn't even come close. Looking at the hardware from launch charts on this site it averaged close to 100k/week for a numbers of years outside the holiday season, which is only around half a million per month.