By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Resident Evil 5 Platform

Strange to see 2 versions of RE5..one taking advantage of all the horsepower provided by the 360 and PS3,the other taking (hopefully,good) advantage of motion sensor controls but really 'dumbed-down' in graphics and other effects....but in an industry as unpredictable as this,never say never....on the other hand,like ckmlb said,the Wii only seems to be getting offshoots while the 360 and PS3 get "the big games",so I don´t know.

Around the Network
dpmnymkrprez said:
Gballzack said:

This is the exact thing I hav ebeen wondering, and another thing that sucks is we may not ever get to see the full potential of the PS3. Why would developers push the graphics, when they can release it on the 360........Or better yet, make a top notch wii game and port it over to the PS3 and 360.

Cause porting a game from Wii to 360/PS3 is a great thing...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

JouninGarret said:
Strange to see 2 versions of RE5..one taking advantage of all the horsepower provided by the 360 and PS3,the other taking (hopefully,good) advantage of motion sensor controls but really 'dumbed-down' in graphics and other effects....but in an industry as unpredictable as this,never say never....on the other hand,like ckmlb said,the Wii only seems to be getting offshoots while the 360 and PS3 get "the big games",so I don´t know.

Very true, look at the gamecube, re4 was to be anexclusive, then it was ported to PS2

I thought this was already confirmed as 360/PS3. I see no reason for them to change that now this far into development. This mantra that since the Wii is doing well, that it must immediately consume any and all large franchises immediately and EXCLUSIVELY has got to stop. First of all its not going to happen. Second, Capcom has some great support lined up for the Wii already. RE:UC, Treasure Island, Devil Kings 2 and one more game they have publicly announced is in the works but no detail has been given on it yet. I mean, what more do you want? People are acting like theres not enough room for both the Wii and the PS3/360 games.

But we know so little about its development, that's the thing.

Around the Network

I have already stated my piece on this. PS3/360 (PC?) cross-platform. Chance of a Wii-port further down the track (because its cool these days to port everything to any piece of hardware!).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

hey, Gballzack, you started this thread, i have a question for you/everyone on this....We have tlaked about exclusivity on more than one accord, Here is my question, with lack of excusivity,
Where does the Xbox 360 actually stand????
I mean, look atr the systems sold, they are mostly in the US, and japan? Will people in Japan start to buy the lower priced Xbox now????
We know the wii will sell, but one of the 2 have to give.

who knows.

Publishers think that the userbases of the HD consoles are more hardcore and therefore they think that they can sell more units on these two platforms combined than they would sell with a Wii exclusive.

It seems people still don´t realize that sales don´t matter this gen as much as they did before. Profits do. And the game budgets are so different, that companies will have to analize profit numbers, not sales numbers. Anyway, I doubt RE5 will be on Wii, though I would love it. Maybe another RE spinoff like UC that has a more traditional gameplay if the others games sell well.

mrstickball said:
Most likely Capcom is going to do the following:

Launch RE5 as PS3/360 exclusive. I HOPE for a day-and-date launch for both platforms (so we can truely judge which one sells better, rather than one getting the jump, invalidating any sort of ability to see if the 360 version can sell well in Japan @ the same time, and vice-versa with the PS3 model in the US).

IMO, Capcom will see how well RE:UC does before considering a Wii version. I think making a Wii version would be too complicated (as it wouldn't be a simple dumbed-down version).

However, if the PS3/360 versions don't do strongly, and RE:UC does incredible, expect a RE5 offshoot at a minimum. More possibly, we could see like a RE5+ for the Wii, adding to the storyline. That way the Wii gets a "real" Resident Evil ala RE0, and the PS3/360 version is still the definitive version.

Yeah I agree completely.  They won't decide whether to make a Wii version or not till they see how RE4 and RE:UC do