By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - MS to have released 1000 360 games by summer

"Xbox’s quest to become the console of choice for families will be given a huge boost by becoming the first system to offer a library of 1,000 games this summer."  (MCVUK.com, 2008).

Here's the link to the interesting story: http://www.mcvuk.com/news/29909/Xbox-games-library-to-hit-1000-this-summer

Around the Network

Must be counting retail games + XBLA downloads.

If it is only retail games, 1000 is impossible to believe

Chuck Norris can kill two stones with one bird. 

they've bragged about this before but that number includes xbox games as well

There are 399 xbox360 in games database which potentially contains doubles as well as contains titles that aren't released.

XBL has 95 in games database which potentially contains doubles as well as contains titles that aren't released.

thats halfway so far. so obviously that other 500 isn't going to be released in the next two months so it must include the original xbox. As far as I know not all x360 models are backwards compatible. I dont know what percentage of games work either.

they fail to acknowledge that the ps3 plays all ps1 games and ranging from all too none (60gb vs 40gb model) ps2 games

ps1 has 1216 in database which potentially contains doubles as well as contains titles that aren't released.

ps2 has 2162 in database which potentially contains doubles as well as contains titles that aren't released.

psn has 48 in database which potentially contains doubles as well as contains titles that aren't released.

ps3 has 266 in database which potentially contains doubles as well as contains titles that aren't released.

Vladez said:
Must be counting retail games + XBLA downloads.

If it is only retail games, 1000 is impossible to believe

"We’ll have north of 1,000 games on 360 by the summer, across Live and boxed product," VP of Microsoft Interactive Entertainment Europe Chris Lewis told MCV.

They are counting 360 only boxed and XBL.  http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/catalog.aspx?st=&g=0&r=0&sd=2&p=1&c=10  (including XB games playable on 360 + releases by summer = 1000+).

Yes I remember this from before, they are including X-Box games in it.... Which means it is an odd thing to brag about when both Wii and PS3 have much larger "libraries" if you include all the games they can play.
(ok Wii isn't significantly larger but it probably is still more)

Around the Network

Didn't PS2 itself have 8000 games?

Or was that PS1 and PS2?

Or am I a fool?

wonder how many of those games are really "good" ones.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

thay are counting the user made ones from that thing thay made a few moths ago?

mgs4 will sell 2.4m week 1

japan:500k

others: 1m

NA:900k

AAA (90%+) games (metacritic):

nintendo:65

Xbox: 42

playstation: 98

Games released this gen and reviewed before 5/15/08:

360: 379 games

PS3: 156 games

Wii: 203 games
So 1,000 360 games by this summer is clearly impossible.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

They are counting titles across territories.

GTA:IV will count as more than 1 game because it gets released as separate SKU's for different markets. Re-releases, budget priced titles (platinum line), developers cuts, Special editions, all different SkU's and would be a different SKU per region.

It's also how Sony counts their game totals.

The rEVOLution is not being televised