By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Announces Late 2008 / Early 2009 Lineup

LBP is the only must buy for me on that list. No word from Infamous or Prototype? Or were those not being made or published by Sony?

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
LBP is the only must buy for me on that list. No word from Infamous or Prototype? Or were those not being made or published by Sony?

I see you like sandbox games

Prototype is made by Radical, distributed by Sierra. Infamous is PS3 exclusive as Sucker Punch is 2nd party (if not 1st) and published by Sony.

I think the '08 line up is pretty strong for the PS3 , probably more superior than the XBOX 360's 2010 software releases.

Imperial said:
I think the '08 line up is pretty strong for the PS3 , probably more superior than the XBOX 360's 2010 software releases.

Then what about the PS3's 2010 releases? on par with the 360's 2010's?

Alot of people are acting like these will be the only games available at the time. MGs4 and and gta4 are not going anywhere. With rumors of bioshock heading to the ps3 this september and with multiplats like mirriors edge its going to be a good christmas. Same could be said about all consoles, most sales come from the holidays anyways.

Around the Network
bbsin said:
Imperial said:

Then what about the PS3's 2010 releases? on par with the 360's 2010's?

Assuming the line up improves year on year i'm guessing it'll equivelent to the entire XBOX 360 games libary.

Man that lineup sucks. After FFXIII there better be something else that I must play for mine, I swear to god I have had buyers remorse since the day I bought it.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

I am definitely sure that this line up is pretty amazing for the PS3.

Man that lineup sucks. After FFXIII there better be something else that I must play for mine, I swear to god I have had buyers remorse since the day I bought it.

Then you should have probably bought no system at all ;) 

The lineup for the ps3 is pretty good. I'm mad that killzone 2 is coming out in 2009 but the line up looks great. I knew i wasn't stupid when i bought the ps3.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

windbane said:
HappySqurriel said:
windbane said:
HappySqurriel said:
In my opinion the line-up looks fairly weak, I wonder whether there will be any surprise games at E3 or TGS that give the PS3 a boost.

In my opinion, your post is fairly weak. Are you saying another publisher has a better list?

Personally, I was just expecting Sony to be a lot more agressive ...

Resistance 2 and Motorstorm 2 are going to be good games but nothing to get overly excited about, and it is a somewhat sad statment that Sony is already releasing sequels to PS3 games before they have produced many of their bigger franchises from the PS2. Their line-up has a massive bulk of first person shooters (SOCOM, Resistance 2 and Killzone 2) even though the system as a whole already has a massive bulk of first person shooters. On top of all of that, I still have doubts that Killzone 2 will be particularly good or that Little Big Planet can live up to the hype.

Maybe I was expecting too much from Sony, and it was unrealistic to think that they would release sequels to The Getaway, Jak and Daxter, God of War, Twisted Metal, or Sly Cooper; or maybe I was foolish to expect that Sony might actually have a game or two to release this year that we haven't played on the PS3 already, or that wasn't announced over a year ago.

Hum...Resistance 2 is my most anticipated shooter for this entire year, so I'd disagree it's nothing to get excited about. Everyone who has tried LBP is very excited. Sequels to The Getaway, God of War, and Twisted Metal are already underway. Sly Cooper guys are making Infamy. Jak guys are making Uncharted 2. Sony is also working on The Agency, the first chance for a console MMO to succeed since FF11.

Huh? Age of Conan? Champions Online? APB? Huxley? You don't think even one of those could succeed?

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.