By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Ah. There's just pictures of/references to SCII and DKR in the Famitsu guide. I hope that fact doesn't stop rabid speculation about Necrid and Banjo in Brawl.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

^I just saw that, but I'll leave them up, to stir up the weekend.

Also,

Ness Deconfirmed... yet again....

We're currently translating the image of Ness that appears in the latest Famitsu issue, but so far we've got "Do you remember? Ness left behind? For Super Smash Brother's Brawl we gave Lucas a new moveset based off Ness from Mother 2. Ness isn't appearing in Brawl this time but players will still see him in the background off the Onett level on occasions."

Weezy will be sad... yet again...

DonWii said:
^I just saw that, but I'll leave them up, to stir up the weekend.

Also,

Ness Deconfirmed... yet again....

We're currently translating the image of Ness that appears in the latest Famitsu issue, but so far we've got "Do you remember? Ness left behind? For Super Smash Brother's Brawl we gave Lucas a new moveset based off Ness from Mother 2. Ness isn't appearing in Brawl this time but players will still see him in the background off the Onett level on occasions."

I believe that is the final nail in the coffin. 

Yeah, Ness debate finally done (I told people this a while back). I agree the trademarks are just there because Famitsu mentioned them.

Around the Network

NOOOOOO!!!! *gets over it*

Good to know...not so bad I guess...my friends that played as Ness will have the same amount of fun playing as Lucas I'm sure.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

The text has been translated.

Title: "Do you remember Ness?

Ness, a representative of the Mother 2 series, has been appearing in Smash. He started out in Smash Bros. as a hidden character. In order to make him playable all that trouble you had to go to...Incidentally, the movie featured on the official website reveals that Mr. Saturn is still a throwable item."

http://brawlcentral.com/ 

^Well, that is a very different translation.

Japanese Newspaper Translation

My translator gave me a summary of that the image says. Here's what he had to say:

The top paragraph simply says that compared to Melee's 25 character roster, this time around Brawl will have 48 characters, nearly twice as much as Melee.

The next paragraph talks about Snake being included in the game and how it's sort of a crossover in fighting from a different series and not just Nintendo. But it mentions he was in a similar crossover fighting game a while ago called Dream Mix. Then it mentions Sonic and how he's also in a Nintendo/Mario game (Olympics). And Lucas is mentioned as he was going to be in Melee, but because the game didnt come out for the GBA in time, he wasn't in Melee.