By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Famitsu 4 reviewers gave Brawl a perfect score !!!

http://wii.ign.com/articles/845/845816p1.html

wow makes me want this game even more :( why delay whY!

Around the Network
DonWii said:
If you notice, the other character have their moves updated as well.

Pikmin & Olimar's Final Smash: End of Day

Prediction: They hop into their space ship, while all of the night creatures start attacking anyone left on the field.

Sweet.

that sounds awesome :)

olimar may end up my favourite character.

WOW, I didn't think she'd make it, but there she is.

Welcome back Sheik.

There is no such thing as a console war. This is the first step to game design.

Sweet

Think twice before helping a friend in need.

Here's what IGN had to say about the famitsu scores

"Perfect Score for Smash Bros.
Japan's largest magazine gives the game a perfect rating.
by IGN Staff

January 16, 2008 - The first verdict on Smash Bros. Brawl is in, and boy is it positive. Japan's Weekly Famitsu reviewed the recently delayed fighter in its latest issue, and awarded it a rare perfect rating.

Each of the magazine's four reviewers gave the game a 10 out of 10 and offered up some glowing comments. All reviewers made particular note that the game's single player mode is long and that you can get plenty of fun by just playing the adventure mode. One reviewer even had high praise for the way the game presents its story.

Smash Bros. joins a select crowd of perfect score recipients that includes the likes of Final Fantasy XII, Soul Calibur, Zelda: Wind Waker, and Nintendogs. Japanese shops often post copies of the Famitsu box reviews next to games on retail shelves, so a perfect rating may have some effect on sales.

Although, Nintendo probably doesn't really need much help with this one.

In addition to the review, the latest Famitsu also includes a nearly 200 page full-color Brawl strategy booklet, supervised by director Masahiro Sakurai. Like the magazine, it's all in Japanese, but those who must have all things Smash should check with importers about getting the issue."

Sounds like the subspace emissary will be everything I hoped for and more. Long, involving, and with a well done storyline.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

TWO HUNDRED PAGES?? I need me some imported strategy booklet.

Also, Olimar's FS sounds like it could be cool...DonWii's prediction would be cool if it turns out true hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

What Famitsu had to say about the game:

Nintendo
January 24, 2008 Sale Date \ 6,800 (sales tax inc.)
Variety Fighter/ Action
You can control tons of characters like Mario and Snake. Up to four players can battle at once. Cooperative mode is added in. Online battles are also possible.
Target Players: Anyone can enjoy this one
Average Play time: That depends on how you play this game

This time single player has tons of content. The adventure mode is quite long and fun. And the story presentation is amazing. As for the fights, with the strong unpredictable factor that comes with final smashes, more than ever we can be excited about matches not being related to skill. The controls and sound are also satisfying. Hats off to Nintendo.
Score: 10

The new unpredictable factor that is the final smash allows us to enjoy an amazing effect and refreshing feel from any character. The fights are even more intense. The single player modes are abundant and a plus. The Subspace Emissary Adventure mode movie and action tempo are good and you just forget time while playing. Im highly satisfied with the game.

The powerhouse cast and gimmicks! The dynamic and subtle character moves! The must see final smashes! There are tons of battle stages. The single player mode is also extremely satisfying. There is a stage edit, and you can browse through the detailed information in the game.
Score 10

The moves of the the all star roster of characters have been polished, and the addicting one player mode has been perfected. With its outstanding graphics and wonderful ambience, Brawl is an epic game in which you can feel the efforts that went into it. Every time you play it, you'll discover something new, and you'll savor both sweet joy and bitter loss when you battle.

Thanks to kashikomarimashita and Yoshi, who both translated exclusively for Brawl Central, for the translations!

Sorry the picture is gone.

What are those last 3? The sixth one looks like one of the suits from MP2 (never played it, sorry) but I can't guess the other 2.

Shouldn't one of these be the fusion suit?

EDIT: ARGH my first double post! *destroyed by holy light*