By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

What sucks is that I'll never have people over to play this game. I live to far away from my friends at school.

Around the Network
I like Bacon said:
What sucks is that I'll never have people over to play this game. I live to far away from my friends at school.

Good excuse.. lol

"Weird, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder, so weird is acceptable to me."

Brawl Code:  1934-0329-3819 Pm me if you added me

Meh...

no more characters ?

Understanding is the key.

this is not a tournament update, but another feature that brawl offers. This feature seems to be a sorting system that handles player rotations. Basically, when there are over four players for brawl this new mode will allow up to 16 players to rotate turns when brawling. It is not like tourney when you battle for trophies and are unable to edit the player list during gameplay. Nor be able to switch characters, and etc...

Around the Network

Dec. 11 Tue. 2007

Rotation

Picture five or more players huddled around a Wii.

The number of people who can play is limited by the number of controllers that can connect. When that happens, you usually have the people who win or lose rotate out so that everyone gets a turn, right?

So be nice and give everybody a chance to play!

... ...That’s how I feel anyway, but just in case you need a little help being nice (and since everyone has their own controller preferences), I went ahead and rigged up a Rotation mode.

This is the top menu for Group mode!

First decide the number of controllers.

Then get a count of people in the room with you and enter that in.

How many people per brawl?

You can set the rules to rotate out a set number of winners or losers from the brawl. Rotation doesn’t have to be about coming in first place.

If your group is on pretty equal footing with each other, go for Loser Swaps Out. If you’ve got some green players in your midst, why not start out with Winner Swaps Out?

It’s always useful to log your name.

But, hey, if putting in a name is too much of a bother for you, you can play fine without it. Just as long as you remember your guest number, that is.

If a new player happens to come by during a Rotation match, you can add him or her to the group if you’re willing to head back to the name-entry screen.

When your name comes up, hit a confirmation button.

Press a confirmation button on the controller of your choice when your name pops up. That sets the controller you’ll use.

And of course, your control settings will be applied to your control when you play.

Need a bathroom break? Opt to sit out a match!

Even with numerous controllers and dozens of people lined up to play, you’ll be good to go if you use this mode!

... ... Well, not quite.

Rotation is limited to 16 players. Mm hmm.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

I'm happy they included this feature, but can't help longing for better updates. ;___;

This is an absolutely brilliant feature. By the time it's released this game may have the most sophisticated multiplayer features in any game ever made.

"Ho! Haha! Guard! Turn! Parry! Dodge! Spin! Ha! Thrust!" -- Daffy Duck

Looks very cool.  Always wind up with a few people sitting out waiting for a turn when everyone gets together to play Melee.  This should speed the process up a bit.

csir said:
I like Bacon said:

Good excuse.. lol

Excuse me? Don't make fun of something I will most likely never get to experience with my friends in my home. I will play my friends online however. But I need to get my Wii back online. Hopefully I will be able to play at their homes. Right now I would only have my brother and sister playing multiplayer with me in my house.