By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Ganondorf tomorrow, I think.

Around the Network

I agree that Ganondorf would be awesome. He's almost certain to make it back, but I'm eager to see how awesome they can make him. A heavyweight in the same category as DK and Bowser, but with a huge sword to give him some reach would be incredibly cool. Almost as much as playable Ridley.

Smashchu said:
clandecyon said:
With this announcement, not much has been left untouched. I would love the storyline to turn out to be more epic, if they'll show more. Eventually one day I would like there to be an RPG ala Kingdom Hearts out of gaming characters.

But more realistically I want a Mii playable announcement and a Mega Man playable announcement as my top two. Again, Rayman, Bomberman, Pacman, Banjo/Kazooie, Olimar, ChibiRobo, NiGHTS, etc wouldn't be bad additions either.

Yes to some Olimar and B/K, butwhy so many 3rd parties that won't ever make it, and why Chib-robo?

I personally have really been wanting Issac and some Golden Sun stuff. Bit of a stretch, but I'm hoping.

Well for one, those 3rd parties are all classics that have been around since Kid Icarus, Metal Gear, Mario, Zelda, etc.  It's homage back to the good ole days of gaming (with slight exceptions like NiGHTS and lesser extent Rayman)  and great that they are still around today.  Just like Zelda with adventure games and Mario with Platforming, Pacman was a huge arcade classic and because of that status remains active even today.  Megaman ranks right up there with both Sonic and Mario in Icon status even today and is Capcom's big representation, Bomberman is a firm representation of Ubisoft and also classic, and Rayman as well as NiGHTS are both very unique and well known characters that would make great additions to the Smash universe especially with their Wii appearances.

As for Chibi-robo, well same reasons as Rayman and NiGHTS, but also that he is a Nintendo character with current games that need promoting.  I think his chances are pretty good of making the cut.  On having lots of 3rd party characters, if they are going to have just one or two, then it is going to feel very heavily weighted on Nintendo's side, almost as if the 3rd party characters were just thrown in.  Which even if they were, the game shouldn't "feel" that way as it weakens the concept.  They need to have at least an adequate balance of franchises.  If there is going to be 20 Nintendo characters there should at least be 3 or 4 3rd party characters to balance it.  This might not happen in the end, but if they are opening the door for 1 or 2 then they might as well include some of the more prominent players with them.

For instance, if they have too many Sonic characters with mario characters, then they might as well call it Mario vs. Sonic Smash with a few extra characters as unlockables.  If they have 30 Nintendo characters and 2 3rd parties, then it is just a Nintendo fighter with a couple of spin offs.  Missing a HUGE opportunity.  Balance and diversity are going to be key with this title.

coins trade in for wii-points, free VC games YEAH OMG

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

I like Bacon said:
Plus Fox can fly an arwing at over 9,000 miles per second. He has a landmaster. He can do barrel rolls, His tail and ears are cute! He can use the boost to get through AND there is something dangling from his waist.

Around the Network

Well i have never played a Rayman game but i would vote for him, he is a great character.
banjo+kazooie i very much doubt because if it happened i would explode.

chibi would be cool too, maybe as an assist rather than a fighter though?...comes along toothbrushing the floor....OR even better, he appears for quite a while and picks up all the items the drop, like the laserscope and any food stuffs (peanuts/peaches) so your character gets most of the items for a limited time.( i dunno ohw often stuff drops, maybe he stays for 30 secs-1 min)

Woot. Classic Mode.

LoL Smashchu

haha +1 smashchu

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Bumped Rubang's Post to next Page.

Oct. 30 Tue. 2007

Classic

This is the classic single-player mode—hence the name, Classic.

In this mode, you try to clear each stage as you go.

Choose your favorite character and a difficulty level, then start the match!

Fight whoever appears!

The world you fight in is pretty much determined based on stage number. Stage 1 is based on The Legend of Zelda. Stage 3 is based on Pokémon. And each time, the characters are chosen randomly.

You’ll also find the status of enemies and rules of the match vary slightly to include things like Giant matches, Metal matches, and Team battles.

Heart icons indicate your allies.

You cleared the stage!

So... You just keep playing until you reach the end. Easy to understand, right?

Huh? You’re wondering what the coins on the Stage Clear screen are for? Um, you think they’re there to make it look more lively?

No, no. You earn and save these up little by little as you play. And supposedly you can use them somewhere. But no—you don’t use them to shop.

@clandecyon: The only thing is asking for so many third parties is a bit fruitless. While some are making it (and Bomberman would be cool) few will make it. There is only room for 1-2 more, or maybe even none. It is still a Nintendo All-Star match up, but this has guest characters (much like Link in SC2).

Also, for Chibi-Robo, I wouldn't add a character just to make them a bigger name. There are plenty of franchises that, not just Chibi-Robo.