By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

I wish you could draw a stage!

Around the Network

What, I didn't make any old updates? What are you talking about?

P.S. I have a new favorite stage for Brawl.

P.P.S. Portal is soooo good. Back to Portal, bye everybody.

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

After all, the guys who make the Mii music were ALWAYS confirmed.

They could perhaps use that icon for Miis...though they'd probably give them a "Wii" logo.

This also means an AC character isn't as "confirmed"...it seems the logos aren't just for characters...AT's didn't get logos, but stages do apparently.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Naznatips, that means we get one more new franchise. (icon 19). icon 13 has yet to be revealed but is probably game and watch.

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

So, people, tell me...why would the composer of Monster Hunter / Devil May Cry be onboard?

What would be the most likely character to come from either of those game series? I find an appearance likely.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

This stage is amazing! Pictochat music? Wonder what that would sound like. But I was wrong....

BenKenobi, Im not too sure why he is on the game for music. The only thing I notice is that MH/DMC are both Capcom (all the music he does is with Capcom it seems like). So maybe he is working with another Capcom franchise. My guess would be Megaman (aka Rockman) which would fit perfectly into the icon study we have seen. (Rockman is in between M and S, etc etc)

EDIT: Masato Kouda actually works for Capcom, I've researched. He has since 1994. In fact, He has worked on some older Megaman projects (Battle & Chase and The Power Fighters)

EDIT 2:  He is most known for MH/DMC which is why thats all he was credited for on the Smashbros.com website.  Plus, if they credited him for Megaman, we would have been pretty sure of Megaman's inclusion in the game very early on.  I think Ninty wanted to keep it a surprise.  But if Megaman is a playable character in the game, Ninty had a very well hidden secret there in one of their very first updates. 

Brian ZuckerGeneral PR Manager, VGChartzbzucker@vgchartz.com

Digg VGChartz!

Follow VGChartz on Twitter!

Fan VGChartz on Facebook!

new page!

PictoChat

There are only a few nonsense stages in the only "slightly" nonsensical Smash. But there isn’t any stage more nonsensical than this.

PictoChat?! What is THIS?!

It’s a fun little sketch-and-chat software with wireless functionality that’s built into the Nintendo DS!

And if you turn it into a stage, it looks like this! BAM!

At first, there’s nothing there. It’s just flat.

If you wait a bit, terrain gets drawn in with a few stylus strokes!

Of course, you can climb up on the doodles.

You may get knocked about by side winds.

There may be things you want to ride on moving around.

Hot! HOT! Are these flames?

This looks solid! But it’s also flat?!

Wow! A whale!

The doodles that appear will disappear after a while, and then something else will get drawn.

Oh, and on this stage, you’ll also be able to enjoy Mii Channel music and Wii Shop Channel music, too.

Oh! That’s just divine.

Number of updates each character has been in:

• Mario: 56
  • Kirby: 38
  • Link: 38
  • Wario: 37
  • Fox: 31
  • Yoshi: 28
  • Pikachu: 27
  • Pit: 26   
  • ZSS: 19
  • Metaknight: 17
  • DK: 17
  • Samus: 16 
  • Bowser: 16
  • Zelda: 15  
  • Peach: 13  
  • Ike: 12
  • Diddy Kong: 11
  • PT: 7
  • Snake: 7
  • Lucas: 7
  • IC: 3
  • Sonic: 3
  • DK passed Samus, Pikachu passed Pit, Both Kirby and Link passed Wario.

This is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen.

AWESOME!!!