By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Just like the "Be nice to nerds. You'll be working for them some day" ideology.

Around the Network
ugg1020 said:
I predict Zelda's special moves and confirmation of Sheik

i think zelda's final smash will be to turn into sheik

I expect Zelda's FS to be a Sheik Transformation.

@OriGin - Hopefully it will be pretty long, it is supposed to be a full fledged single player game! ^_^

@naznatips - :-p It will probably end up being the opposite of that

@ The_vagabond7 - Hopefully it will be more than 2 hours. Maybe 3 hours. My sister said she was expecting a half hour. XD @ her. >_>

@ShastaMasta - That wouldn't be great IMO. It should remain her Down B

Preferably I would want 5-10 hours. I mean with as many characters will be in the game it would seem like it would have to be a decent length. I mean even if you only gave each duo 1 level and there were between 30 and 40 characters you're looking at at least 15-20 levels. If each level was only 10 minutes long you'd get a game that's between 2 1/2 to 3 hours long, plus probably another 20 or so minutes of FMV. And That would be rather minimal. If each duo got just 30 minutes of actual level play then you're getting up there in length.

but again, I don't want to get my hopes up.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network

Interesting pattern of newcomers there Bacon...

It would make sense for you to be correct.

However, Sakurai's a crazy sonofabitch and you can never predict him! He sees all forums on the internet simultaneously, and will change his update if he has been caught!

I change my prediction to an item or two used for fighting, such as a lightsaber and the homerun bat.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I suspect that you will be able to plow through a certain character's Subspace mode in about a half hour.

I'm not expecting anything over an hour...it'll be rich with content, packed in fact, and it could very well take people over an hour per character...but I think if you're a decent player, it'll be shorter than that.

That wouldn't be a bad thing...it's just what I'm expecting. In fact I'd wonder if a 2 hour or more mode may be overkill...there is such a thing as too much of a good thing...it'd get stale if it kept going for hours I'm sure.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I was thinking it was going to be very long(relative-5 hours, at least), but then I started to think about it.

Would you want to make it long? Weird question, right?

However, since a large number of unlockables are attained from the Single Player, I can't see them making people go through a 5 hour game several times.

Then again, if the unlockables are chapter specific, with different difficulty/combinations per level, I could understand that.

However, that seems unlikely as well, since there are branching paths that can change the combination of players in the team.

Oh well, 4 months of updates and speculation to go.

@The_vagabond7 - Maybe it will work like this. If you play the Subspace Emissary from the beginning of the game, it could be 3 hours long. But as you unlock characters, then their story can be added to the Subspace Emissary which would make it longer. Maybe 5 hours. I don't want to get my hopes up yet either.

@Ben - Thanks. and that is true. Like I said, he knew that I wanted Fox's FS, and because of that he delayed it. Also, we got 3 items at the end of last week. So I can only see 1 item being put up and more closer to the end of the week. Hopefully it will be a regular item

BenKenobi88 said:
I suspect that you will be able to plow through a certain character's Subspace mode in about a half hour.

I'm not expecting anything over an hour...it'll be rich with content, packed in fact, and it could very well take people over an hour per character...but I think if you're a decent player, it'll be shorter than that.

That wouldn't be a bad thing...it's just what I'm expecting. In fact I'd wonder if a 2 hour or more mode may be overkill...there is such a thing as too much of a good thing...it'd get stale if it kept going for hours I'm sure.

You always say: Per Character.

The whole storyline is tied together with, I suspect, All the Characters. They go through all of the levels/ different levels in teams. The WHOLE storyline should be pretty long. I expect each chapter to be 20 minutes long.