By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Those are excellent moves. I'm so glad they made B-down the spin dash where you just hold down and tap B repeatedly...not a typical Smash move, but it's how Sonic worked, and it'll feel great I'm sure.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Yes, but it shouldn't take them that long for "perfection."

We excuse them for perfection...but I'm rightfully pissed because Nintendo is what, the second largest company in Japan or something, and they can't get that game done in time?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I'm kinda confused about what the difference is between the over B and the down B. Anyone understand the difference?

And they haven't had 6 years.  If they release this in early 2008 they will have had 3.  Remember in 2005 Sakurai didn't even have a development team for the game... give them a break.  They lost Hal and had to build a completely new development team for Sakurai to work with to create and perfect this game.  They have also done every single damn thing we have asked of them.  Real single player? Done.   Online battle? Done.  Online co-op?  Done.  Sonic? Done.  I don't think anyone has the right to complain about a month of delay on this game considering how hard Nintendo is working to do everything their fans ask of them. 

Well, Sonic's side special apparently can be done mid-air... for recovery? I am gonna guess that up special only works on the ground since I don't think I've ever seen a floating spring in... any of the Sonic games I've played.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

B> can charge just a bit, also use in air.

Bv charge more, use on ground.

Around the Network

The subtle difference between turning into a ball and spinning to charge it up or just running and then ducking into a ball mid-run?

Favorite Companies: Nintendo, Blizzard, Valve.
Recent New Favorites: Grasshopper, Atlus. (R.I.P. Clover.)
Heroes/Homies: Shigeru Miyamoto, Gunpei Yokoi, Will Wright, Eric Chahi, Suda51, Brian Eno, David Bowie.
Haiku Group: Haiku Hell.
Nemeses: Snesboy, fkusumot. 
GameDaily Article that Interviewed Me: Console Defense Forces.

takkxyz said:
Well, Sonic's side special apparently can be done mid-air... for recovery? I am gonna guess that up special only works on the ground since I don't think I've ever seen a floating spring in... any of the Sonic games I've played.

You might not use it on the ground much, but rumor has it that if you do, the spring that remains can be used by other characters.

I think charging up with down special can go through multiple characters, like we've seen in the trailer. Side special will stop once it hit something, Down Special will keep going.

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

There's not much difference.

The idea is, Sonic will be in ball form a lot...which is good. He'll be bouncing all around...and I'm guessing my friend, who likes to run away and hide with Fox, may pick Sonic for that task now hehe.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Rubang B said:
The subtle difference between turning into a ball and spinning to charge it up or just running and then ducking into a ball mid-run?

Think Yoshi's B>, egg, kinda... Tha's what I think.