By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

No, some people think that will happen but I think it's very unlikely. Y. Link is most likely being removed because he's a clone, and WW Y. Link would just be a clone with a different skin. If Sakurai doesn't want clones, then we should probably only be expecting one Link in this game.

Around the Network

I'd actually expect Wolf Link and Midna before another plain Young Link or WW Link.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

As far as Smash's franchise size, it was the best selling GC game above every single title you mentioned as bigger except Mario Kart. Of course if you count handheld games then I think it goes Mario > Pokemon > Smash > others.

If you count handheldgames, Smash Melee is behind Nintendogs and Pokemon by a factor of 2, behind two different Mario and Brain Age games, and behind Animal Crossing. Smash might have been Nintendo's #2 franchise behind Pokemon 5 years ago, but things have changed.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Erik Aston said:
As far as Smash's franchise size, it was the best selling GC game above every single title you mentioned as bigger except Mario Kart. Of course if you count handheld games then I think it goes Mario > Pokemon > Smash > others.

If you count handheldgames, Smash Melee is behind Nintendogs and Pokemon by a factor of 2, behind two different Mario and Brain Age games, and behind Animal Crossing. Smash might have been Nintendo's #2 franchise behind Pokemon 5 years ago, but things have changed.

Well, let me put it this way: It's unfair to rate smash below those handheld games when Smash doesn't have a DS incarnation.  The DS boosted all of those much higher than they would be on any other system.  As far as home platform IPs, Brain Age and Pokemon bombed on the Wii and although AC is big it's not Smash big.  In the home console world Smash is still Nintendo's second biggest franchise.

Erik Aston said:

Well, let me put it this way: It's unfair to rate smash below those handheld games when Smash doesn't have a DS incarnation.  The DS boosted all of those much higher than they would be on any other system.  As far as home platform IPs, Brain Age and Pokemon bombed on the Wii and although AC is big it's not Smash big.  In the home console world Smash is still Nintendo's second biggest franchise.

Around the Network

Double posting just to get on the next page eh naz?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

If it beat you Ben i guess anyone would

Need people to play online with me for Brawl.
4382-1731-1511.

Name is DROAK.  

BenKenobi88 said:
I'd actually expect Wolf Link and Midna before another plain Young Link or WW Link.

Brilliant idea, I was about to say that there are enough Zelda characters in the game already but Wolflink is a great addition and if they forget him in Brawl they should include him in the next game.

Ganondorf with a few telekinetic moves like Mewtwo is totally doable.

BenKenobi88 said:
Double posting just to get on the next page eh naz?

Actually that was just a lucky mishap. ^_^

naznatips said:
Erik Aston said:

And they should do a Smash bros with wifi on the DS! It's a guaranteed success! Something like the original Smash Bros is totally doable on a DS. Two screens, twice the action! Just without stylus controls though. It has to remain simple and fun.

There's a huge black hole in the market when it comes to handheld fighting games. I see no reason why Nintendo shouldn't do it.