By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Update predictions?

I'm saying level again. If I keep predicting it eventually I'll be right

Around the Network
BenKenobi88 said:

Why would they make a Konami logo?

That space down there is for the consoles the character or item has been featured on, just like in Melee.

It would list a couple games Snake has been in. And they could put the 2 Nintendo console he's been on. NES and GC.

Just like Megaman could have GBA and GC as his consoles, and Sonic could have games listed under GC, GBA, DS, Wii, whatever.

You're not going to see any characters or items that have never been featured on a Nintendo console before...unless you count Snake's weapons...which I'm guessing not all the weapons have been in the first Metal Gear or The Twin Snakes...

Just taking a guess, not sure about you, but i've never seen a 3rd party character in a ssb game before.. i agree they could just point out the nint consoles he has been on, and i think that is a possibility as well, i wouldn't throw my guess away though, on the basis of what you already mentioned, some traits of Snakes are from other [games for other] consoles

I guess a game mode.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

I guess newcomer!

Update:  Diddy Kong: Final Smash

<Rocketbarrel Barrage>

The weapons Diddy Kong wields are his Peanut Popgun and his Rocketbarrel Boost.

His Final Smash makes superb use of both of these weapons!

He has popguns in both hands! And his rocketbarrels are firing!

He flies majestically through the sky!

Wow! The controls make it feel like you’re flying with a rocket pack! It’s really fun. Tilt his body left and right to move.

It’s a popgun barrage! Explosions everywhere!

The Peanut Popgun fires straight down, so you change the peanut firing angles by tilting Diddy left to right. I highly suggest mastering this.

When time runs out, the rocketbarrels explode!

Plus, you can gobble up the peanuts that fall to the ground.

Will you be enjoying some? No? Well, your opponents can eat the peanuts, too. So when your shots don’t hit, your opponents end up recovering damage instead of taking it. 

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Well, something with a newcomer, ½ right. :) ;)

An okay looking final smash. I kinda think we are in for a disappointing week after the awesomeness that was last week.

those are some awfully big peanuts.

Animal Crossing Char conforimed by Famitsu! 

Katsuya Eguchi, director of the Animal Crossing games, has been interviewed in the latest issue of Famitsu. In it he discusses the upcoming Animal Crossing game on the Wii, although one of the questions ties into Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

FAMITSU: Have you been approached to contribute Animal Forest elements for the new Smash Bros. game?

KATSUYA EGUCHI: Yes, and there is quite a funny story to it. A few months after E3 2006, (Masahiro Sakurai) contacted me and asked if I'd like to develop possible Animal Forest ideas for Smash Bros. Originally, we settled on just a quick, simple Animal Forest item, but with the success of Wild World and the Animal Forest film, he asked if I'd be up for designing additional elements. [Laughs] Fast forward a few months and I had stage and character concepts created. Sakurai chose his favorite of the stage concepts, slightly tweaked it to his liking, and we together decided on the final Animal Forest character, which is a very fun character to play. With both the stage and character I utilized ideas from the games. For example, if you play the stage at night, the sky will be dark. If you play in the winter, expect to see snow, and leaves in the autumn time. And yes, trees will be decorated on Christmas! It's really something else. I worked very hard on this one little stage! [Laughs] The Animal Crossing character is very much like the one in the games. You know, he will use his axe, fishing rod, bug catching net, and everything else from the games.

Check out my pyro tf2 vid :)

Bet With routsounmanman: By the end of Q1 2008 Capcom WONT have announced a RE5 Wii Edition OR a new RE (classic gameplay) for the Wii (WON)

looks like a final smash that can either help you twice or end up helping enemies. Optimal would be hitting your enemies while you eat all the peanuts.
Sound like this char isn't for beginner.