By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

Tbh i believe Nintendo would be a fool to leave out 16:9 compatibility with SSBB. Its a near perfect game to be played on it.

Games i'm currently playing:

Around the Network

Since no one 's posted it yet...

Update: Skyworld

Behold the Kid Icarus stage! You can go ahead and call it Pit’s home turf if you like.

From a distance you can see the temple and its surroundings.

The floor’s crumbling construction makes it easy to shatter...

It feels great to break it!

Not having a floor does increase the danger factor, though. Why? Because it’s a long way down, that’s why!

Look out below!

Mastering this element is one key to gaining the upper hand. The floor quickly regenerates, so it’s important to keep your eyes on it.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

Woah, no one did Sky World? Woah..

It's crazy everyone is finding this week kinda lack-luster all over the web, especially Neo-Gaf but the quality of the announcements is great.

I predict Sonic to be revealed mid - late next week.

Nice stage. Still hoping for a better update this week.

We are seeing too many small stages with platforms and floors that crumble. I need to see some spacious stages like corneria or hyrule castle.

Consoles I Own: NES, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, DS, X360, Wii

Around the Network

I'm just surprised how many stages they're announcing...aren't they going to run out by December?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

One thing i loved with SSBM was to jump from the Hyrule castle stage and just manage to avoid death by clinging on to the side of one of the lower platforms. Best with Fox or Zelda for that. loved infuriating people as Zelda and dissapearing hehe.

Games i'm currently playing:

@BenKenobi: There were 18 stages initially available in Melee, so I'd expect at least that many in Brawl, leaving at least 10 more stages to reveal. Of course, that doesn't count unlockable stages, but I doubt very few of the unlockables will be revealed on the site, if any, as that would spoil the surprise (sorry if I'm stating the obvious).

I also suspect we're seeing more stages now since they're on the more boring end of the spectrum when it comes to game info. So they get the stages out of the way over the next month or three so that all the really interesting stuff will be revealed in November, right before launch.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

dEEPiccolo said:
@BenKenobi: There were 18 stages initially available in Melee, so I'd expect at least that many in Brawl, leaving at least 10 more stages to reveal. Of course, that doesn't count unlockable stages, but I doubt very few of the unlockables will be revealed on the site, if any, as that would spoil the surprise (sorry if I'm stating the obvious).

I also suspect we're seeing more stages now since they're on the more boring end of the spectrum when it comes to game info. So they get the stages out of the way over the next month or three so that all the really interesting stuff will be revealed in November, right before launch.

We aren't limited to the initially available with these updates. I'm positive that some of these characters and stages we have gotten and will get are not initially available.

And I completely disagree about stages being on the boring end (pretty sure most people do).  For me it goes Stages > Music > Items > Game Info > Characters.   Characters are the most boring by far because we will never get a new character in a character update.  They will all be old characters or already announced newcomers.

Nairu said:
Tbh i believe Nintendo would be a fool to leave out 16:9 compatibility with SSBB. Its a near perfect game to be played on it.

Nintendo does usually support Widescreen and I have little doubt that this one will as well.