By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super Smash Bros. Brawl Official Updates

JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What an update!

The Nintendo Wii really is a versatile piece of hardware.
I mean, when it comes to controllers, there are pretty much four different types.

I guess I have no choice but implement them all!

There’s no need to be confused about what does what—just choose the play style you prefer!

I suppose I would recommend the Nintendo GameCube controller, though. I like the feel of that powerful rumble.

Still, try out the other controls—they definitely give you a fresh experience.

Hmm? How do you do smashes and dashes with just the Wii Remote?
If I get the chance to tell you, I will.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Is it wrong to want to make love with Nintendo?

This is EXACTLY what I wanted them to do with the control scheme, if it's what I think it is.

Keep GC and Classic controllers, self-explanatory gameplay.
Use Wiimote/nunchuck basically the same way...there's enough buttons overall.

And use just a Wiimote + motion stuff as another alternative...could be fun, but I'll probably stick to the other ways.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Now I usually try not to swear too much on these boards, but HOLY LIVING FUCKBUCKETS!!!!1

This is the one thing I wanted most in the game: Being able to choose from many different control options. Like the Gamecube controller? That's ok! Don't have one? That's ok too! The best of both.. err I mean all four worlds. =P

Wanna help me get this on digg btw?

dugg...everyone should digg, cause it's Super Smash!

again...the lack of Super Smash love kills me...although it is 2:30 am over here...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

Heh, the updates come at 10 in the morning where I live. Since it's my summer holiday, it means I actually get up slightly earlier than usual. =P

Around the Network

Definitely looking forward to it, I know the family will enjoy beating the unmerciful crap out of each other with a new Smash Bros, and with different control styles, no missing out, plenty of older GC controllers about.

I wonder if different characters are easier to control with different controllers? Maybe characters that have weak smash moves, but awesome special moves would be easier with the sideways Wii-mote setup? they better have an ad showing four people playing the game together, each with a different setup. That's one of the coolest things ever.

One thing I do know...they better make the motion-controlled Wiimote fair to play with the other controllers, because if it's easier (or harder?) I'm not gonna want to include it in games...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM

WOOT classic controller!

Very nice...it would be stupid if nintendo didn't include some kind of motion control. Pro players are still going to use the GC controller, but just adding the choice adds to a great title shaping. I would love to make Kamehameha moves for the smash techniques.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"