By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will Wii-Fit OUTSELL Ps3 by Xmas 09

In the following Reuters video, not only does VGChartz get mentioned, but Pachter say Wii Fit could sell 50 million units if Oprah endorses it.

Around the Network

I could see wii fit selling 50 mil. The only problem is it will take years given the amount of wii systems Nintendo is making for America...

simple answer.......YES, WiiFit will pass the PS3 by Xmas '09.

WiiFit will be 2008 #1 selling game in NORTH AMERICA!  
End of '08 Predictions: Wii - 48m X360 - 25m  PS3 - 19m
Wii monthly NA sales will top 400k every month in '08. *Jan sales ruined it. Grrrr!*
WiiFit will top 1m in sales in its first month of release in North America.
MGS4 will NOT be released in '08. *Darn it!* FF13 will NOT be released in '08.
Rockband Wii will top 600k in first month sales in North America.
WiiFit will pass the PS3 WW sales by Xmas '09.

Wii Fit is poised to pass the PS3 in Japan after only 6 months. I would say that it could happen this year if my math is correct. I am going to say holidays 2008. Anyone with me?

Anyone?

Around the Network
Username2324 said:
Wii Fit, the game that's suppose to be fun and healthy. My predictions for this game:

I think Wii Fit will be a lot like a treadmill, or boflex, or weight set. Alot of people will buy it, but most will only use it once or twice and then pack it away or just leave it laying around for show.

I myself have a weight set, a teadmill, and another exercising machine, the only one of which I use is the weight set occasionally. I predict a similar scenario for Wii fit. It will sell well, but alot won't every play, but then again, Nintendo doesn't care as long as it makes money.

Umm?? no I've had it for 3 weeks and I have used it pretty much every day unlike other things I have bought.

It's always about the money but atleast Nintendo take chances and create something that can help alot of people. 

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

This will never happen.

@Fishyjoe

& Ps3 should sell upto 80 million units minimum..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

I really can't believe this.
Wii fit will have absolutely no chance ever of outselling the total PS3 numbers. Even if there was an unlimited supply, we are still talking about a scale.

How ridiculous. Its offensive really.

̶3̶R̶D̶   2ND! Place has never been so sweet.

WHERE IS JOHN LUCAS!!!!

the Wii is an epidemic.