By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BruceOnGames really, really doesn't like the Wii.

Officer-Ponch said:

I must be missing something because hes pretty much spot on....

Wii has decided to separate itself completely from the rest of the video game market... if you design a game for the wii... it is only playable on the wii. If you design a game for a PS3/360/PC you can port it to all 3 platforms.... if you try porting it to the wii it usually ends up as garbage... which is the same case if you try to port a wii game to anything else.

I own a wii, and I have never been enticed to buy any 3rd party games on it... mainly because there practically arent any... and the ones that do exist, arent very good.

So why wouldn't the Wii be worth developing for? Lets not forget, the PS2 got a huge bunch of exclusives from third parties and yet it managed to sell well on one single platform and make companies a lot of profits.

Around the Network
Dragon007 said:
trestres said:
@Dragon007, okay I'll be here next March.
And on March 2010, we'll be looking at the best selling console of all times.
Too bad you can't see it, the rest of the sane people can.

Also PS2 hasnt sold 140 million you are just exaggerating by a little 20 million, but DS will sell far more than that. See you again March 2010.

You'l be disappointed. The DS won't be selling this well in 2010, the next-generation of handhelds will be out by then.

Bold: I'm predicting total lifetime sales of the PS2 since it's still selling fairly well.

I don't know if you're going by Vgchartz, but the PS2 hit 120 million a long long time ago.

Shipped =/= sold, I thought this one was an obvious one.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Wii-hate week, I mean month....make that quarter, continues.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Dragon007 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Dragon007 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Dragon007 said:

The PSX and the PS2 are the two best selling consoles of all time.

The DS may get close to the PSX, but the PS2 is untouchable.

Although the staggered launch of the PS2 has some impact on this, the DS has sold 22 Million more systems than the PS2 did at a similar point in its life:

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=DS®1=All&cons2=PS2®2=All&cons3=PS®3=All&weeks=260

And the Weekly sales average of the Nintendo DS is way above what the PS2 ever accomplished:

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=DS®1=All&cons2=PS2®2=All&cons3=PS®3=All&weeks=260&weekly=1

To top this all off the Nintendo DS will be (very) close to 100 Million systems sold by January 1st 2009, a new handheld from Nintendo (probably) won't be released before Q4 2010, and the DS will continue to sell for (at least) a year after the new handheld is released; this means that the Nintendo DS has (roughly) 3 years to sell 30 Million units, and has averaged over 30 million units per year lately.

I get the feeling the Nintendo DS is going to blow past the PS2 numbers like the PS2 was standing still.

I don't see it happening.

The thing with the PS2 is, it has consistency. It's still selling fairly well after 8 years.

The DS has another 60-70 million to go to beat the PS2.

I don't really see your point. The one thing the Nintendo DS has demonstrated is consistently high hardware sales, and there is very little reason to believe that this will change until a new handheld generation begins. Realistically, considering that PSP software is selling at an awful rate and third party has steadily been leaving the platform, what can happen over the next 36 months to stop the Nintendo DS from selling; remember to consider that (unlike the PS2) there are probably going to be a lot of households that own 2 (or more) Nintendo DS systems because it is a very 'personal' product.

I'm talking PSX/PS2 consistency, 5,6,7, 8 years into its lifetime.

I don't see the DS selling another 70 million units.

If it's still selling this great at 100 million, then sure. But I just don't see it now.

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=DS&reg1=All&cons2=PS2&reg2=All&cons3=PS2&reg3=All&weeks=200

That chart, which shows both of the systems since their respective launches, says otherwise. Week for week, aligning the launches, there hasn't been a single occasion where PS2 has outsold the DS, and they are very similar within their markets.  For the record, I know everyone is going to say that you can't compare consoles to handhelds, but it wasn't me that brought it up.

Both launched a year earlier than the competition, BOTH have a huge mix of casual and hardcore games, BOTH are weaker than their competitors, and both started expanding the market.

So, what you're saying is, a game system that has consistently outsold another gaming system when their launches are aligned, cannot end up outselling said other system, despite the fact that said other system has had many price drops and hardware revisions, to the DS' one?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
trestres said:
Dragon007 said:
trestres said:

Also PS2 hasnt sold 140 million you are just exaggerating by a little 20 million, but DS will sell far more than that. See you again March 2010.

You'l be disappointed. The DS won't be selling this well in 2010, the next-generation of handhelds will be out by then.

Bold: I'm predicting total lifetime sales of the PS2 since it's still selling fairly well.

I don't know if you're going by Vgchartz, but the PS2 hit 120 million a long long time ago.

The key words are a long long time ago.

The PS2 hit 120 million back in 2007. 140 million is very likely.

Around the Network

@Dragon007: Lol, give me a link where you see 120 million sold, and tell me LTD numbers for PS2, stop making shit up, what you're saying is not true.

According to this site the PS2 has sold 117,6 million PS2 LTD, then you are exaggerating by 22,4 million, more than I thought your fanboyism would be capable of making you.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@Dragon007: Lol, give me a link where you see 120 million sold, and tell me LTD numbers for PS2, stop making shit up, what you're saying is not true.

According to this site the PS2 has sold 117,6 million PS2 LTD, then you are exaggerating by 22,4 million, more than I thought your fanboyism would be capable of making you.

@trestres : Have you been living in a cave for the past year or so -

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6181828.html 

This was back in October 2007.

Bold: No comment.

Dragon007 said:
trestres said:
Dragon007 said:
trestres said:

The key words are a long long time ago.

The PS2 hit 120 million back in 2007. 140 million is very likely.

Edit-whoops, sorry about that.

Sony reports shipped, Dragon. Shipped, not sold.

Desroko said:
Sony reports shipped, Dragon. Shipped, not sold.

Yes, this was back in Octobor 2007.

Do you people understand the concept of time?