By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - BruceOnGames really, really doesn't like the Wii.

HAHAHAH!!! OMG! I almost lost it when I read this. I posted the following as a comment:

"Once again, Bruce is up to writing childish arguments and stating his (blatently wrong) opinion as fact.

"Wii is nearer the end of it's lifecycle" - This is clearly an opinion and is in no way based on fact or REALITY (something the writer apparently has no grasp of).

"Wii is not worth developing for" - Only if you don't like money! The PS2 had the most games developed for it because it had the most sales. More consoles = larger consumer base. If you actually believe your own statement than you are living in a fantasy world and have no concept of how economics and business work.

"Handhelds are not worth developing for" - Um... The DS has a HUGE userbase, is cheap to develop for, and many devs are developing for it AND seeing great profits. Your logic is full of FAIL.

Once again, you have written one of the most pathetic attempts at analysis I have ever seen. This is pure illogical dribble, clearly tainted by your blind and bitter hatred towards Nintendo's little white box. Your illogical hatred of the Wii is inexplicable and immature, not based in intelligent thought or reality in any way.

Your previous argument that GTAIV would 'kill' the Wii shows just how backwards your logic is. If you look at real numbers (not the pretend ones in your head), you will see that the Wii managed to outsell the competition in spite of GTA. You will never have any credibility in the gaming community if you continue writing crap like this.

By all means, continue to live in your fantasy world. Your articles are always good for a laugh."

I guess it's a little mean, but true & funny at the same time.

Around the Network

Timmah: good point. The very fact that he'd suggest ridiculously popular systems were "not worth developing for" suggests that he either doesn't know what he's talking about, or is simply too biased to admit that the Wii has areas for which developing for it makes far more sense then the other two consoles.

I bet capcom is glad they developed for the Wii. Their 400k unit goal was eclipsed by 2 million for RE4.

TheBigFatJ said:
Timmah: good point. The very fact that he'd suggest ridiculously popular systems were "not worth developing for" suggests that he either doesn't know what he's talking about, or is simply too biased to admit that the Wii has areas for which developing for it makes far more sense then the other two consoles.

I bet capcom is glad they developed for the Wii. Their 400k unit goal was eclipsed by 2 million for RE4.

He also said that most people (on handhelds) were using pirated games. The fact is, the vast majority of consumers wouldn't even know how to get pirated games. Another fail-filled logic free argument.

trestres said:
Dragon007 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Dragon007 said:
HappySqurriel said:
Dragon007 said:

The PSX and the PS2 are the two best selling consoles of all time.

The DS may get close to the PSX, but the PS2 is untouchable.

Although the staggered launch of the PS2 has some impact on this, the DS has sold 22 Million more systems than the PS2 did at a similar point in its life:

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=DS®1=All&cons2=PS2®2=All&cons3=PS®3=All&weeks=260

And the Weekly sales average of the Nintendo DS is way above what the PS2 ever accomplished:

http://vgchartz.com/hwlaunch.php?cons1=DS®1=All&cons2=PS2®2=All&cons3=PS®3=All&weeks=260&weekly=1

To top this all off the Nintendo DS will be (very) close to 100 Million systems sold by January 1st 2009, a new handheld from Nintendo (probably) won't be released before Q4 2010, and the DS will continue to sell for (at least) a year after the new handheld is released; this means that the Nintendo DS has (roughly) 3 years to sell 30 Million units, and has averaged over 30 million units per year lately.

I get the feeling the Nintendo DS is going to blow past the PS2 numbers like the PS2 was standing still.

I don't see it happening.

The thing with the PS2 is, it has consistency. It's still selling fairly well after 8 years.

The DS has another 60-70 million to go to beat the PS2.

I don't really see your point. The one thing the Nintendo DS has demonstrated is consistently high hardware sales, and there is very little reason to believe that this will change until a new handheld generation begins. Realistically, considering that PSP software is selling at an awful rate and third party has steadily been leaving the platform, what can happen over the next 36 months to stop the Nintendo DS from selling; remember to consider that (unlike the PS2) there are probably going to be a lot of households that own 2 (or more) Nintendo DS systems because it is a very 'personal' product.

I'm talking PSX/PS2 consistency, 5,6,7, 8 years into its lifetime.

I don't see the DS selling another 70 million units.

If it's still selling this great at 100 million, then sure. But I just don't see it now.

And you base your belief on what? Stop making such assumptions, those only show your bias and personal wishes.

If you really know whats going on, you should know that DS is showing no signs of stopping anytime soon, sales are almost equal to last year (except for Japan). 

This is coming from a Nintendo fanboy.

If you see the DS selling another 70 million units, then that's great.

I don't see that happening. Come back to me when the DS hits 100 million then we can assess the situation further. 

I love how these "industry insiders" keep being proven wrong. Bruceongames also said that SSBB would not be a top-selling game for 2008 and its only been out for 2 months and sold over 5 million already.

Around the Network

@Dragon007, okay I'll be here next March.
And on March 2010, we'll be looking at the best selling console of all times.
Too bad you can't see it, the rest of the sane people can.

Also PS2 hasnt sold 140 million you are just exaggerating by a little 20 million, but DS will sell far more than that. See you again March 2010.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:

Also PS2 hasnt sold 140 million you are just exaggerating by a little 20 million, but DS will sell far more than that. See you again March 2010.

It's also worth nothing that the DS has been a reliabile, quality piece of hardware over its entire life.  The PS2 simply cannot say the same.

I must be missing something because hes pretty much spot on....

Wii has decided to separate itself completely from the rest of the video game market... if you design a game for the wii... it is only playable on the wii. If you design a game for a PS3/360/PC you can port it to all 3 platforms.... if you try porting it to the wii it usually ends up as garbage... which is the same case if you try to port a wii game to anything else.

I own a wii, and I have never been enticed to buy any 3rd party games on it... mainly because there practically arent any... and the ones that do exist, arent very good. 

Hmmm. First post ever. Jumping on to defend Bruce of all people.  For one of the worst articles Bruce has written even. Bruce? Is that you?

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

trestres said:

You'l be disappointed. The DS won't be selling this well in 2010, the next-generation of handhelds will be out by then.

Bold: I'm predicting total lifetime sales of the PS2 since it's still selling fairly well.

I don't know if you're going by Vgchartz, but the PS2 hit 120 million a long long time ago.