By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official NPD April 2008 Thread

azrm2k said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
psrock said:
SDF assemble: we lost the good fight, but just like HILL-DOG, we will fight this war to the end. we lost one battle, but the war aint over, i am sureMGS4 will save us from this embarrassment. As noted, i will congratultes Nintendo on on a good month, not great, but good, and but realize one thing, the HD war doesnt start until MGS4 comes out.

God bless America and SONY.

psrock,
SDF chief excutive.

I cant wait for the MAY NPD.

The Wii had a good month, but not great? I'm curious how you came to that conclusion.

He's sarcastically pretending to be the SDF which would never give props to the Wii.  This is why NPD sucks when Wii beats the Sony family.  SDF probably won't even make a post.  They only make a post when the Sony family wins.

thank you, he didnt catch the sarcasm

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network
cookingyourmama said:

Seriously why wii fans can't accept that just because something sells the most doesn't mean it is the best and cannot be critised in away is beyond me. Also the delusional view that nintendo isn't rolling out the same old franchises and some how microsoft and sony are is a joke. So far on the wii their have been ZERO new nintendo hardcore AAA or AA games released and the only new ip's that have sold well are a few casual games which are wii fit, wii sports and wii play. On the other hand you have sony who have released uncharted, resistance, warhawk, motorstorm, heavenly sword and microsoft who have released gears of war, mass effect, viva pinata, crackdown, kameo, lost odyssey and blue dragon.

Because we can judge and rank sales. We can't judge and rank your opinion.

We can however, be sure that more people love and choose to own the Wii than the PS3 or the 360, and therefore, more people share our opinions, than yours.

That's the crux of our argument. You are the vocal minority, but you act like we're dumb for enjoying a Nintendo system that we love. Why? Is it insecurity? 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

WiiStation360 said:
Was NPD overtracking 360/PS3 and finally adjusted down?

I was wondering that as well, but looking at the lifetime sales that someone posted, it does seem that it's still lower than the numbers here by a decent number.

psrock said:
azrm2k said:
ZenfoldorVGI said:
psrock said:
SDF assemble: we lost the good fight, but just like HILL-DOG, we will fight this war to the end. we lost one battle, but the war aint over, i am sureMGS4 will save us from this embarrassment. As noted, i will congratultes Nintendo on on a good month, not great, but good, and but realize one thing, the HD war doesnt start until MGS4 comes out.

God bless America and SONY.

psrock,
SDF chief excutive.

I cant wait for the MAY NPD.

The Wii had a good month, but not great? I'm curious how you came to that conclusion.

He's sarcastically pretending to be the SDF which would never give props to the Wii. This is why NPD sucks when Wii beats the Sony family. SDF probably won't even make a post. They only make a post when the Sony family wins.

thank you, he didnt catch the sarcasm

Your right, I didn't, my bad. Everyone knows I'm pretty slow on catching sarcasm.

On my guild forum, I make everyone use a ~ symbol after sarcastic remarks. It's nifty, lol. 

It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Well this pretty much confirms there won't be a big leap from this gen to the next and all 3 consoles will be cheaply priced casual friendly wagglefests.

Time to move to PC gaming after this generation.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@FishyJoe

oh yeah....

I have a request mods

PLEASE UNBAN LEO-J!!!! WE NEED TO KNOW HIS REACTION!!

Totally agree, please, give him another oportunity!!

^ Yeah! What Zen said!

ckmlb said:
Well this pretty much confirms there won't be a big leap from this gen to the next and all 3 consoles will be cheaply priced casual friendly wagglefests.

Time to move to PC gaming after this generation.

Glad to see you lightened up during your sabbatical.

NPD analyst Anita Frazier had this to say in an e-mail accompanying the data: "It was surprising not to see bigger hardware sales for the Xbox 360 and the PS3 given the release of GTA IV. However, since the game was only in the market for 5 days during this reporting period, that sales lift could very well be evident in May data."
http://blog.seattlepi.nwsource.com/microsoft/archives/138983.asp

Hi there.

http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Video_Game_Sales - A wiki for video game sales figures

The SDF won't be able to run a story about the Sony family beating the wii. It's usually a funny read.

As a long time suffering N64 and GC owner I never believed would sell in such incredible numbers.